IE7 cookies

willbesoon

IE7 cookies
My brother recently removed all of his sites from the privacy/sites list.
I had the settings at Overide auto cookie handling, prompt for 1st and 3rd
party cookies and always allow sesion cookies. This set up has worked for me
for years and was working for him. But now the with settings the same, the
browser does not prompt for accepting cookies and it will not go to some
sites at all. It almost seems like cookie management has been shut off all
together. I have reset every thing to default and no change, I have tried
every configuration I can think of with no change. I have Live One Care set
up on the laptop and tried all the scans through there.
any idea's ?
Thanks
jb

Re: IE7 cookies
Full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

willbesoon wrote:
> My brother recently removed all of his sites from the privacy/sites list.
> I had the settings at Overide auto cookie handling, prompt for 1st and 3rd
> party cookies and always allow sesion cookies. This set up has worked for
> me
> for years and was working for him. But now the with settings the same, the
> browser does not prompt for accepting cookies and it will not go to some
> sites at all. It almost seems like cookie management has been shut off all
> together. I have reset every thing to default and no change, I have tried
> every configuration I can think of with no change. I have Live One Care
> set
> up on the laptop and tried all the scans through there.
> any idea's ?
> Thanks
> jb

willbesoon

Re: IE7 cookies
Vista sp1, Defender firewall is shut off (default for One Care Live),
subscription is current no other spyware etc, has been on the laptop.
Update; have re-loaded windows and One Care Live, IE7 will now go to
websites but is still not prompting for cookies and there are none in the
site list?
cheers again
jb
--
What You think about me, is none of my bussiness.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> willbesoon wrote:
> > My brother recently removed all of his sites from the privacy/sites list.
> > I had the settings at Overide auto cookie handling, prompt for 1st and 3rd
> > party cookies and always allow sesion cookies. This set up has worked for
> > me
> > for years and was working for him. But now the with settings the same, the
> > browser does not prompt for accepting cookies and it will not go to some
> > sites at all. It almost seems like cookie management has been shut off all
> > together. I have reset every thing to default and no change, I have tried
> > every configuration I can think of with no change. I have Live One Care
> > set
> > up on the laptop and tried all the scans through there.
> > any idea's ?
> > Thanks
> > jb

Re: IE7 cookies
Repost:
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

Have you asked OneCare Support about this or posted about the behavior in
the appropriate OneCare forum?

Windows Live OneCare Peer-to-Peer Support Forums
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...wsliveonecare/

How to reach official OneCare Support (FAQ)
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...8-17e305329d90

willbesoon wrote:
> Vista sp1, Defender firewall is shut off (default for One Care Live),
> subscription is current no other spyware etc, has been on the laptop.
> Update; have re-loaded windows and One Care Live, IE7 will now go to
> websites but is still not prompting for cookies and there are none in the
> site list?
>
>> Full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)?

>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> willbesoon wrote:
>>> My brother recently removed all of his sites from the privacy/sites
>>> list.
>>> I had the settings at Overide auto cookie handling, prompt for 1st and
>>> 3rd
>>> party cookies and always allow sesion cookies. This set up has worked
>>> for
>>> me
>>> for years and was working for him. But now the with settings the same,
>>> the
>>> browser does not prompt for accepting cookies and it will not go to some
>>> sites at all. It almost seems like cookie management has been shut off
>>> all
>>> together. I have reset every thing to default and no change, I have
>>> tried
>>> every configuration I can think of with no change. I have Live One Care
>>> set
>>> up on the laptop and tried all the scans through there.
>>> any idea's ?
>>> Thanks
>>> jb