WebDav and IE8

JohnS

WebDav and IE8
Has anyone noticed any issues with WebDav folders and IE8?

I have an internal app that has a web folder in an IFrame of an asp.net
page. It works fine under IE6 and 7. But I am trying to do some validation
and testing with IE8 and it doesn't seem to allow WebDav folders.

Any ideas?

Re: WebDav and IE8
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

<QP>
NOTE: Use beta software at your own risk; it is intended for testing and
evaluation purposes only. Do not install beta software on your primary
computer or production environment.
</QP>
Source: Windows Update website, bottom of Change Settings page.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JohnS wrote:
> Has anyone noticed any issues with WebDav folders and IE8?
>
> I have an internal app that has a web folder in an IFrame of an asp.net
> page. It works fine under IE6 and 7. But I am trying to do some validation
> and testing with IE8 and it doesn't seem to allow WebDav folders.
>
> Any ideas?

JohnS

Re: WebDav and IE8
This is in regards to Release Candidate 1. I am under the impression that
that means it is no longer beta.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>
> Via the web-interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> Via your newsreader:
>
> <QP>
> NOTE: Use beta software at your own risk; it is intended for testing and
> evaluation purposes only. Do not install beta software on your primary
> computer or production environment.
> </QP>
> Source: Windows Update website, bottom of Change Settings page.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> JohnS wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed any issues with WebDav folders and IE8?
> >
> > I have an internal app that has a web folder in an IFrame of an asp.net
> > page. It works fine under IE6 and 7. But I am trying to do some validation
> > and testing with IE8 and it doesn't seem to allow WebDav folders.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Re: WebDav and IE8
Nope, and in all likelihood there will be one more Release Candidate before
iE8 Final.

JohnS wrote:
> This is in regards to Release Candidate 1. I am under the impression that
> that means it is no longer beta.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>>
>> Via the web-interface:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>>
>> Via your newsreader:
>>
>> <QP>
>> NOTE: Use beta software at your own risk; it is intended for testing and
>> evaluation purposes only. Do not install beta software on your primary
>> computer or production environment.
>> </QP>
>> Source: Windows Update website, bottom of Change Settings page.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> JohnS wrote:
>>> Has anyone noticed any issues with WebDav folders and IE8?
>>>
>>> I have an internal app that has a web folder in an IFrame of an asp.net
>>> page. It works fine under IE6 and 7. But I am trying to do some
>>> validation
>>> and testing with IE8 and it doesn't seem to allow WebDav folders.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

ferry

Re: WebDav and IE8
The issue is reproducible in the final version of IE8 too. It works in
IE6 and IE7. Installing the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907306
does not help. Googling about this issue reveals that more people
experience the problem after upgrading to the final IE8. Is there any
explanation or, better, a chance of getting fix or workaround for
that? I am afraid that until it is fixed or at least explained, the
IE8 is a no-no for us and our customers.