my volume won't work with internet explorer 7

kc#erica

my volume won't work with internet explorer 7
My volume works fine with everything else and other browsers but I want it to
work in IE because that's what I normally use. I went to internet properties
and made sure all of the multimedia boxes were check where it says play
sounds from web pages and all of that stuff and everything there looked the
way it's supposed to. I can't figure out what else to do because it works
fine with everything else. I tried restarting internet and computer but
nothing's working. Thanks for any help.
Donald Anadell

Re: my volume won't work with internet explorer 7

"kc#erica" <kc#erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My volume works fine with everything else and other browsers but I want it
> work in IE because that's what I normally use.

The word "volume" is a rather subjective term, and refers to a quantitative
amount of loudness of sound. Volume controls such as the Speaker Icon in
the Notification Tray, Controls on the Speakers themselves, or using the
Control Panel Applet "Sounds and Audio Devices" can be used to
control(adjust) the Volume of sound.

So, if you can help narrow down what the actual problem is on your computer
by answering the following questions, it might help others in offering more
defined troubleshooting steps for your issues.

1. Do you mean you have no "sound" at all in IE7?
2. Or, do you mean you have some sound in IE7 but you can't control the
loudness(volume) of that sound?
3. Or, do you mean that only certain Video types like Flash video(.flv) have
no sound with them?
4. Or, do you mean that only certain Audio types like WAVE, MIDI...etc have
no sound?

Can you supply a publicly accessible link to site where you think you should
be hearing sound, and can't? Doing so might help others more quickly narrow
down what your issues might be.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell