Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re: command prompt box appears whenever launch IE7

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: command prompt box appears whenever launch IE7
[crosspost to IE General]

Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender
and S*PERAntiSpyware)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of
these applications running in the background when you installed (a) IE7
and/or (b) SP3 and/or (c) installed & uninstalled IE8?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
--
IE-specific newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


lilyl wrote:
> Using xp home sp3 and just would like to know when whenever I launch the
> IE7, the command prompt box will appear for a split second (can see that
> there is nothing inside the prompt box) and it will takes a while for the
> web page to appears. Running the Malware scan, spybot 1.6 as well as
> S*perantispyware do detect infections which were deleted but the prompt
> box
> still appears. The Malware were done in Safe mode and the System Restore
> were turned off. A HJThis scan were also done but nothing much there.
> At first, I thought the IE8 wwas the problem but its now reverted to IE7,
> but it still the same. Any idea where i can look into to resolve the issue
> and how to make the webpage appears faster? It ok to surf once the webpage
> appears. Thanks for your help.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2009
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: command prompt box appears whenever launch IE7
Hi lilyl,

This may be being caused by a script loading with your homepage. Try
changing your Homepage to about:blank.

If this works can you please post back with your old homepage setting.

Regards.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uaukARHmJHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> [crosspost to IE General]
>
> Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender
> and S*PERAntiSpyware)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of
> these applications running in the background when you installed (a) IE7
> and/or (b) SP3 and/or (c) installed & uninstalled IE8?
>
> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
> --
> IE-specific newsgroup:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> lilyl wrote:
>> Using xp home sp3 and just would like to know when whenever I launch the
>> IE7, the command prompt box will appear for a split second (can see that
>> there is nothing inside the prompt box) and it will takes a while for the
>> web page to appears. Running the Malware scan, spybot 1.6 as well as
>> S*perantispyware do detect infections which were deleted but the prompt
>> box
>> still appears. The Malware were done in Safe mode and the System Restore
>> were turned off. A HJThis scan were also done but nothing much there.
>> At first, I thought the IE8 wwas the problem but its now reverted to IE7,
>> but it still the same. Any idea where i can look into to resolve the
>> issue
>> and how to make the webpage appears faster? It ok to surf once the
>> webpage
>> appears. Thanks for your help.

>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2009
lilyl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: command prompt box appears whenever launch IE7
Taking the clue from you all, I uninstalled all my anti virus (spyware
doctor,pctools firewall plus) and the remanients of Norton that came wih the
pc, as well as the spybot (which was installed fter the problem exisit) and
all the toolbars like google,yahoo etc and the problem disappeared.( fyi
before I unistalled all these, I also try to reset the IE to default but the
problem still persist and the home page is MSN)

Now the pc is working fine or at least the web page seems to appears pretty
fast.
Many thansk for all your help.

rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi lilyl,
>
> This may be being caused by a script loading with your homepage. Try
> changing your Homepage to about:blank.
>
> If this works can you please post back with your old homepage setting.
>
> Regards.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uaukARHmJHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > [crosspost to IE General]
> >
> > Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender
> > and S*PERAntiSpyware)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of
> > these applications running in the background when you installed (a) IE7
> > and/or (b) SP3 and/or (c) installed & uninstalled IE8?
> >
> > Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> > (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
> > --
> > IE-specific newsgroup:
> > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general
> >
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >
> >
> > lilyl wrote:
> >> Using xp home sp3 and just would like to know when whenever I launch the
> >> IE7, the command prompt box will appear for a split second (can see that
> >> there is nothing inside the prompt box) and it will takes a while for the
> >> web page to appears. Running the Malware scan, spybot 1.6 as well as
> >> S*perantispyware do detect infections which were deleted but the prompt
> >> box
> >> still appears. The Malware were done in Safe mode and the System Restore
> >> were turned off. A HJThis scan were also done but nothing much there.
> >> At first, I thought the IE8 wwas the problem but its now reverted to IE7,
> >> but it still the same. Any idea where i can look into to resolve the
> >> issue
> >> and how to make the webpage appears faster? It ok to surf once the
> >> webpage
> >> appears. Thanks for your help.

> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: command prompt box appears whenever launch IE7
YW. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed now and is
your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

Have you downloaded & run the Norton Removal Tool?
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

=====
Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...r/default.mspx

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx

Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...s/prevent.mspx
--
~PA Bear

lilyl wrote:
> Taking the clue from you all, I uninstalled all my anti virus (spyware
> doctor,pctools firewall plus) and the remanients of Norton that came wih
> the
> pc, as well as the spybot (which was installed fter the problem exisit)
> and
> all the toolbars like google,yahoo etc and the problem disappeared.( fyi
> before I unistalled all these, I also try to reset the IE to default but
> the problem still persist and the home page is MSN)
>
> Now the pc is working fine or at least the web page seems to appears
> pretty
> fast.
> Many thansk for all your help.
>
> rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi lilyl,
>>
>> This may be being caused by a script loading with your homepage. Try
>> changing your Homepage to about:blank.
>>
>> If this works can you please post back with your old homepage setting.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:uaukARHmJHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> [crosspost to IE General]
>>>
>>> Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender
>>> and S*PERAntiSpyware)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of
>>> these applications running in the background when you installed (a) IE7
>>> and/or (b) SP3 and/or (c) installed & uninstalled IE8?
>>>
>>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>>> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
>>> --
>>> IE-specific newsgroup:
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general
>>>
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>
>>>
>>> lilyl wrote:
>>>> Using xp home sp3 and just would like to know when whenever I launch
>>>> the
>>>> IE7, the command prompt box will appear for a split second (can see
>>>> that
>>>> there is nothing inside the prompt box) and it will takes a while for
>>>> the
>>>> web page to appears. Running the Malware scan, spybot 1.6 as well as
>>>> S*perantispyware do detect infections which were deleted but the prompt
>>>> box
>>>> still appears. The Malware were done in Safe mode and the System
>>>> Restore
>>>> were turned off. A HJThis scan were also done but nothing much there.
>>>> At first, I thought the IE8 wwas the problem but its now reverted to
>>>> IE7,
>>>> but it still the same. Any idea where i can look into to resolve the
>>>> issue
>>>> and how to make the webpage appears faster? It ok to surf once the
>>>> webpage
>>>> appears. Thanks for your help.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Command prompt "COPY" command not working in brand new Windows Vis CMD COPY command not working in Vista microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 7 02-05-2008 22:20
Why does the UAC Prompt disable Aero, when it appears ? WinVistaClub WinVistaClub Blog 0 01-23-2008 19:10
*Installing device driver software* prompt - no longer appears theitfella@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 09-11-2007 14:44
*Installing device driver software* prompt - no longer appears theitfella@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 08-05-2007 13:00
Command Prompt Here Brad Palmer microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 02-20-2007 04:17




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:22.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120