IE 7 and default print preview size

ChadL

IE 7 and default print preview size
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000100

Hello,
I have added this reg key to a test machine that was having issues when
print previewing a webpage. The reg key was suggested to fix the issue of
needing to re-size the default view from "Shrink to fix" to 100% manually.

Besides un-installing IE 7, are there any other suggestions to resolving
this issue?

Thank you.
rob^_^

Re: IE 7 and default print preview size
Hi Chad,

Is this occurring on one or all web pages?

Exactly what issues?

Web pages may contain layout errors that may make them appear different in
the print preview window that what they do in the IE Window.

If this is occurring only on one machine it could be one of your IE
Settings. See the Accessibility Button on the General tab and the Print
background images setting on the Advanced tab of Internet Options.

Regards.

"ChadL" <ChadL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
> "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000100
>

> Hello,
> I have added this reg key to a test machine that was having issues when
> print previewing a webpage. The reg key was suggested to fix the issue of
> needing to re-size the default view from "Shrink to fix" to 100% manually.
>
> Besides un-installing IE 7, are there any other suggestions to resolving
> this issue?
>
> Thank you.

ChadL

Re: IE 7 and default print preview size
Hi Rob,

This is occurring on all web pages. I open a web page and select print
preview. The Print Size is automatically "Shrink to Fix." I then have to
manually change this to 100%.

The manual part is what takes forever. I am trying to resolve this for
about 20 PCs that we recently moved to IE 7.

PA_Bear had suggested the reg fix via another thread in this discussion.

Thank you,
Chad

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> Is this occurring on one or all web pages?
>
> Exactly what issues?
>
> Web pages may contain layout errors that may make them appear different in
> the print preview window that what they do in the IE Window.
>
> If this is occurring only on one machine it could be one of your IE
> Settings. See the Accessibility Button on the General tab and the Print
> background images setting on the Advanced tab of Internet Options.
>
> Regards.
>
> "ChadL" <ChadL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
> > Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
> > "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000100
> >

> > Hello,
> > I have added this reg key to a test machine that was having issues when
> > print previewing a webpage. The reg key was suggested to fix the issue of
> > needing to re-size the default view from "Shrink to fix" to 100% manually.
> >
> > Besides un-installing IE 7, are there any other suggestions to resolving
> > this issue?
> >
> > Thank you.

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 and default print preview size
Ok Chad,

I will leave it to RoBear to reply.

There is an unsupported third-party Addon - IEPrint.dll (I can't find its
download uri now. It may have been withdrawn) that addresses this issue, but
it has some unwanted side effects because of the poor design of its
installer.

Here it is = http://adrianba.net/pages/software/download/IEPrint.htm (You
will be prompted to install the ActiveX control at this page)

It is installed incorrectly as an ActiveX Addon and has no-uninstaller. When
you install it with IE7 (and 8) you will not be able to view your Downloaded
ActiveX controls list in the AddonsManager.
The installer needs to be changed to a normal IE extension install as it is
not actually an ActiveX, but a COM Command Bar extension. The entries it
makes in registry causes the ActiveX controls list not to display in the
Addons Manager.

You may be able to contact the author at http://adrianba.net/ and ask to
have it repackaged as an IE Command Bar extension or included in your IEAK
or slipstream images to roll it out to your users.

> Hi Rob,
>
> This is occurring on all web pages. I open a web page and select print
> preview. The Print Size is automatically "Shrink to Fix." I then have to
> manually change this to 100%.
>
> The manual part is what takes forever. I am trying to resolve this for
> about 20 PCs that we recently moved to IE 7.
>
> PA_Bear had suggested the reg fix via another thread in this discussion.
>
> Thank you,
> Chad
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Chad,
>>
>> Is this occurring on one or all web pages?
>>
>> Exactly what issues?
>>
>> Web pages may contain layout errors that may make them appear different
>> in
>> the print preview window that what they do in the IE Window.
>>
>> If this is occurring only on one machine it could be one of your IE
>> Settings. See the Accessibility Button on the General tab and the Print
>> background images setting on the Advanced tab of Internet Options.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "ChadL" <ChadL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
>> > Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
>> > "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000100
>> >

>> > Hello,
>> > I have added this reg key to a test machine that was having issues when
>> > print previewing a webpage. The reg key was suggested to fix the issue
>> > of
>> > needing to re-size the default view from "Shrink to fix" to 100%
>> > manually.
>> >
>> > Besides un-installing IE 7, are there any other suggestions to
>> > resolving
>> > this issue?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

Re: IE 7 and default print preview size
Try doing the same thing for this key instead, Chad:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min

AFAIK this Reg hack is documented for Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows
Mail (Vista) but not for IE itself.
--
~PA Bear