Unable to open the internet site

Michael Hooker

Unable to open the internet site
I have three PCs, all have IE7, fully updated by the MS update service. All
have the same settings, as far as I can tell. On just one of the PCs, IE7 has
suddenly started refusing to deal with links to downloadable files. It
responds:
"Internet Explorer was not able to open the internet site. The requested
site is
either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

This is patently not true, because the files can be downloaded using IE7 on
my other PCs, or by using Firefox. There is no problem accessing the sites
containing the links, only clicking the download links produces this message,
and only in the one copy of IE7.

I can accept that some obscure setting may have been inadvertently changed,
preventing me from downloading files, but if so the error message does not
reflect this. The site is available, and can be found, the files at the
ends of the links are available and can be found.

Please can someone tell me what to do to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks

Re: Unable to open the internet site
Please state the full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) of the
machine in question when posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/