Can not install The newly released IE8

The Voice

Can not install The newly released IE8
I Installed the new IE8 which is now out of Beta on several Computers.
However one Toshiba Laptop runing Vista Home Premium with IE7 will not let me
install IE8. I get a Message after downloading that "OS is not supported." It
installed fine on my other Windows XP and Vista Computers, both Desktop and
Notebook.
I regained use of my McAfee AV Programs again.
Is there a fix for this. I love IE8 and can't understand why it will not
install. I have tried it several times.
--
The Voice
Leonard Grey

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
FYI: Internet Explorer 8 has not yet been released. The most recent
version is Release Candidate 1.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

The Voice wrote:
> I Installed the new IE8 which is now out of Beta on several Computers.
> However one Toshiba Laptop runing Vista Home Premium with IE7 will not let me
> install IE8. I get a Message after downloading that "OS is not supported." It
> installed fine on my other Windows XP and Vista Computers, both Desktop and
> Notebook.
> I regained use of my McAfee AV Programs again.
> Is there a fix for this. I love IE8 and can't understand why it will not
> install. I have tried it several times.

The Voice

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
According to the email I received from MSFT RC1 is not a Beta but the newest
version of IE8. It works fine on 8 Computers. There is another reason why it
would not work with one Computer.
McAfee does not support Beta version of any OS. According to them this is
not a Beta version and therefore now works with My McAfee Security Center.

You may want to check out your Information.
--
The Voice

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> FYI: Internet Explorer 8 has not yet been released. The most recent
> version is Release Candidate 1.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> The Voice wrote:
> > I Installed the new IE8 which is now out of Beta on several Computers.
> > However one Toshiba Laptop runing Vista Home Premium with IE7 will not let me
> > install IE8. I get a Message after downloading that "OS is not supported." It
> > installed fine on my other Windows XP and Vista Computers, both Desktop and
> > Notebook.
> > I regained use of my McAfee AV Programs again.
> > Is there a fix for this. I love IE8 and can't understand why it will not
> > install. I have tried it several times.

Bruce Hagen

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
IE8 is now Release Candidate 1. However, the newsgroups for it remain the
same.

IE8 Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"The Voice" <TheVoice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> According to the email I received from MSFT RC1 is not a Beta but the
> newest
> version of IE8. It works fine on 8 Computers. There is another reason why
> it
> would not work with one Computer.
> McAfee does not support Beta version of any OS. According to them this is
> not a Beta version and therefore now works with My McAfee Security Center.
>
> You may want to check out your Information.
> --
> The Voice
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> FYI: Internet Explorer 8 has not yet been released. The most recent
>> version is Release Candidate 1.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> The Voice wrote:
>> > I Installed the new IE8 which is now out of Beta on several Computers.
>> > However one Toshiba Laptop runing Vista Home Premium with IE7 will not
>> > let me
>> > install IE8. I get a Message after downloading that "OS is not
>> > supported." It
>> > installed fine on my other Windows XP and Vista Computers, both Desktop
>> > and
>> > Notebook.
>> > I regained use of my McAfee AV Programs again.
>> > Is there a fix for this. I love IE8 and can't understand why it will
>> > not
>> > install. I have tried it several times.

Leonard Grey

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
Rest your mouse on What Does "RC1" Mean?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Int...explorer/beta/

Afterward, check your dictionary for the meaning of the word 'candidate'.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

The Voice wrote:
> According to the email I received from MSFT RC1 is not a Beta but the newest
> version of IE8. It works fine on 8 Computers. There is another reason why it
> would not work with one Computer.
> McAfee does not support Beta version of any OS. According to them this is
> not a Beta version and therefore now works with My McAfee Security Center.
>
> You may want to check out your Information.

The Voice

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
MR. Grey I suggest YOU READ THIS from Microsoft and stop giving stupid
advice on something you know nothing about. MSFT must be wrong and you
correct.

http://sn106w.snt106.mail.live.com/m...x?n=1155943012
--
The Voice

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Rest your mouse on What Does "RC1" Mean?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Int...explorer/beta/
>
> Afterward, check your dictionary for the meaning of the word 'candidate'.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> The Voice wrote:
> > According to the email I received from MSFT RC1 is not a Beta but the newest
> > version of IE8. It works fine on 8 Computers. There is another reason why it
> > would not work with one Computer.
> > McAfee does not support Beta version of any OS. According to them this is
> > not a Beta version and therefore now works with My McAfee Security Center.
> >
> > You may want to check out your Information.

Gordon

> MR. Grey I suggest YOU READ THIS from Microsoft and stop giving stupid
> advice on something you know nothing about. MSFT must be wrong and you
> correct.
>

> http://sn106w.snt106.mail.live.com/m...x?n=1155943012

That link just brings up MY Hotmail page.....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
No one here can access your inbox, idiot!

<QP>
Release candidate software is at a stage in the development process where it
is ready to be evaluated by users while it undergoes final testing.

Internet Explorer 8 RC1 is now platform and feature complete and this is
your opportunity to be among the first to try out the new browser before its
final release. Install it today and take it for a test drive. We think
you'll agree that it's faster, safer, and easier to use than ever. If you
don't like it you can easily uninstall it whenever you want. Uninstall
instructions can be found at our support page for Internet Explorer 8 RC1.

To ensure your browser is up to date, all RC1 users will be automatically
updated with the final version of Internet Explorer 8 via Windows Update so
you'll always have the latest version of the browser.

We understand if you feel uncomfortable installing release candidate
software. *Check this website in the coming months to see when the final
version of Internet Explorer 8 is available* [emphasis added].
</QP>
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Int...explorer/beta/ <= note the
word BETA in that URL!

IE8 RC1 is the newest version of IE8 Beta.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

The Voice wrote:
> MR. Grey I suggest YOU READ THIS from Microsoft and stop giving stupid
> advice on something you know nothing about. MSFT must be wrong and you
> correct.
>

> http://sn106w.snt106.mail.live.com/m...x?n=1155943012
>
>> Rest your mouse on What Does "RC1" Mean?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Int...explorer/beta/
>>
>> Afterward, check your dictionary for the meaning of the word 'candidate'.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> The Voice wrote:
>>> According to the email I received from MSFT RC1 is not a Beta but the
>>> newest version of IE8. It works fine on 8 Computers. There is another
>>> reason why it would not work with one Computer.
>>> McAfee does not support Beta version of any OS. According to them this
>>> is
>>> not a Beta version and therefore now works with My McAfee Security
>>> Center.
>>>
>>> You may want to check out your Information.

Gordon

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
"The Voice" <TheVoice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MR. Grey I suggest YOU READ THIS from Microsoft and stop giving stupid
> advice on something you know nothing about.

<sigh> This is what appears when you hover your mouse over the "What does
RC1 Mean" link on the Internet Explorer * Homer Page. (That is, the Page
written by, and hosted by, Microsoft)
"RC1 is short for "Release Candidate 1". Release candidate software is ready
to be evaluated by users while it undergoes final testing. You may
experience minor bugs or compatibility issues with websites while browsing"

I draw your attention to the phrase "while it undergoes final TESTING"
RC1 is NOT "released to Manufacturing".

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Michel Doucet

Re: Can not install The newly released IE8
Bonjour/soir, le Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:13:28 +0000, *Gordon* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

>> http://sn106w.snt106.mail.live.com/m...x?n=1155943012

> That link just brings up MY Hotmail page.....

No it's MINE

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...