IE7 and Internet History

Fred Chrysler

IE7 and Internet History
IE7
I understand how you can go into Tools/Internet Options and delete Temporary
Internet Files & History to ensure your privacy. Is there a setting such as
Firefox has that will tell IE7 not to remember them in the first place to
save having to manually go in and delete them each time?

Fred

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 and Internet History
In Internet Explorer, as in Firefox, you can set the number of days to
keep browsing history to zero.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Fred Chrysler wrote:
> IE7
> I understand how you can go into Tools/Internet Options and delete
> Temporary Internet Files & History to ensure your privacy. Is there a
> setting such as Firefox has that will tell IE7 not to remember them in
> the first place to save having to manually go in and delete them each time?
>
> Fred

Re: IE7 and Internet History
You may like IE8 when it's released:

IEBlog : IE8 and Privacy:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...d-privacy.aspx

Internet Explorer 8: More secure, private, and reliable:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...privately.aspx

PLEASE NOTE that IE8 Final has not been released yet and that the second
link above offers a download of IE8 Release Candidate 1, which is still a
beta build. Proceed with extreme caution if tempted to install IE8 RC1.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fred Chrysler wrote:
> IE7
> I understand how you can go into Tools/Internet Options and delete
> Temporary
> Internet Files & History to ensure your privacy. Is there a setting such
> as
> Firefox has that will tell IE7 not to remember them in the first place to
> save having to manually go in and delete them each time?

Fred Chrysler

Re: IE7 and Internet History
I saw that but was unsure if that would keep it on file today but not
tomorrow. Does that mean that it will not keep it at all, or does it mean
that it won't be there tomorrow?

Fred

> In Internet Explorer, as in Firefox, you can set the number of days to
> keep browsing history to zero.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Fred Chrysler wrote:
>> IE7
>> I understand how you can go into Tools/Internet Options and delete
>> Temporary Internet Files & History to ensure your privacy. Is there a
>> setting such as Firefox has that will tell IE7 not to remember them in
>> the first place to save having to manually go in and delete them each
>> time?
>>
>> Fred

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 and Internet History
It won't be there tomorrow. This works the same way in IE and Firefox.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est