My Internet Explorer 7 won't stay open.

SirDragonMaster

My Internet Explorer 7 won't stay open.
I have been having a very frustrating problem with I.E. 7 on one of my
computers. It just won't stay open. I click on it to open it and it only
stays on a few seconds and then closes. Unfortunately, because of this, any
programs that use I.E. to function will not function either. I have tried to
upgrade to I.E.8 beta to see if that would work and the same thing happens. I
went to "Add/Delete programs" to see if I could at least fix it and although
it shows up, there is no button showing to take any kind of action (for
example: remove, repair, etc.). It used to work and I don't know what
happened to cause it not to. On a side note, other browsers work on that
computer with no problem. Only the Windows Internet Explorer 7 will not work
and as I already mentioned, I need it for other programs. Any ideas? I have
already tried a few things to no avail. Please help.

beachtwo@msn.com

RE: My Internet Explorer 7 won't stay open.
I keep getting runtime error messages and then the IE closes. What is the
problem, issue?

"SirDragonMaster" wrote:

> I have been having a very frustrating problem with I.E. 7 on one of my
> computers. It just won't stay open. I click on it to open it and it only
> stays on a few seconds and then closes. Unfortunately, because of this, any
> programs that use I.E. to function will not function either. I have tried to
> upgrade to I.E.8 beta to see if that would work and the same thing happens. I
> went to "Add/Delete programs" to see if I could at least fix it and although
> it shows up, there is no button showing to take any kind of action (for
> example: remove, repair, etc.). It used to work and I don't know what
> happened to cause it not to. On a side note, other browsers work on that
> computer with no problem. Only the Windows Internet Explorer 7 will not work
> and as I already mentioned, I need it for other programs. Any ideas? I have
> already tried a few things to no avail. Please help.

Re: My Internet Explorer 7 won't stay open.
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection (cf.
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37919).

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm