IE7 get rid of new tab information when every new tab opens ?

Tillpott

IE7 get rid of new tab information when every new tab opens ?
How do I get rid of the new tab information in IE7?

Everytime I open a new tab I get the information page about tabs and I tick
the box and click close and it's a blank page, great.

However, the next tab I open has the very same info on it and yet it says
tick the box "Don't show this page again " Which I do everytime.

How do I get rid of it please?

I had a new motherboard and processor installed last Friday and till then I
had no problems with IE7, however when I got home I only had IE6 on my system
so I decided to update to XP SP 3 then install IE7 updates from Microsoft
Update page.

Have had this problem ever since.

Thanks for your time
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE7 get rid of new tab information when every new tab opens ?
Tillpott wrote:

> How do I get rid of the new tab information in IE7?
>
> Everytime I open a new tab I get the information page about tabs and I
> tick the box and click close and it's a blank page, great.
>
> However, the next tab I open has the very same info on it and yet it says
> tick the box "Don't show this page again " Which I do everytime.
>
> How do I get rid of it please?
>
> I had a new motherboard and processor installed last Friday and till then
> I had no problems with IE7, however when I got home I only had IE6 on my
> system so I decided to update to XP SP 3 then install IE7 updates from
> Microsoft Update page.
>
> Have had this problem ever since.
>
> Thanks for your time

See:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/yo...rnet-explorer/
And:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wh...ssage-go-away/

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Tillpott

Re: IE7 get rid of new tab information when every new tab opens ?
Your a gem Vincenzo I tried the 2nd one first and it has solved the problem.

Thanks for your time and attention
Much appreciated.

Warm regards Tillpott :-)

Tillpott wrote:

> Your a gem Vincenzo I tried the 2nd one first and it has solved the
> problem.
>
> Thanks for your time and attention
> Much appreciated.
>
> Warm regards Tillpott :-)

YW. Glad to help and thank you very much for your feedback, Tillpott.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo