Parts of web pages not loading correctly

Kathy T in MI

Parts of web pages not loading correctly
Using IE 7 on Windows XP system. All of a sudden some screens are not
displaying properly. For example, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ should have a
one-inch high color banner at the top of the page along with links to
various tv show links. It also contains their nbc logo, the peacock.
However, on this machine the top banner has no color or graphic images --
just a white background with the links to the other sites; and a search box.
Other, but not all, web sites have the same plain header, like abcnews, etc.
The remaining part of the page is close, but not exactly the same as the
"correctly displayed images" seen on other PCs.

While I am proficient with PCs and their settings, I am not educated to
website construction, Java, Active X. I have checked every setting I can
find but nothing I've tried works to get these headers to appear correctly.
In fact, I'm not sure that the problem is related to Java, Active X, or
what. I did install the latest Java version without any changes to the web
screens. So, I don't have a clue as to how to fix this annoying problem to
enjoy the correct web images.

Hope someone can help me.
Kathy in MI

Don Varnau

Re: Parts of web pages not loading correctly
Hi,
You have a third-party program blocking ads and content which appears to be
ads. Find the feature and tweak its settings or disable it.

Here's some of the code from that page

{AdBanner:{},AdBannerFront:{AdGroup:'NBCFC5',AdSiz eCode:'1390',Width:'728',H
eight:'90'},AdSponsor:{},AdOverThePage:{AdGroup:'N BCFC3',AdSizeCode:'1402',W
idth:'1',Height:'1'}}

No ad-blocker would be able to resist a target like that. ;-)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Kathy T in MI" <kathytabb@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Using IE 7 on Windows XP system. All of a sudden some screens are not
> displaying properly. For example, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ should have a
> one-inch high color banner at the top of the page along with links to
> various tv show links. It also contains their nbc logo, the peacock.
> However, on this machine the top banner has no color or graphic images --
> just a white background with the links to the other sites; and a search

box.
> Other, but not all, web sites have the same plain header, like abcnews,

etc.
> The remaining part of the page is close, but not exactly the same as the
> "correctly displayed images" seen on other PCs.
>
> While I am proficient with PCs and their settings, I am not educated to
> website construction, Java, Active X. I have checked every setting I can
> find but nothing I've tried works to get these headers to appear

correctly.
> In fact, I'm not sure that the problem is related to Java, Active X, or
> what. I did install the latest Java version without any changes to the

web
> screens. So, I don't have a clue as to how to fix this annoying problem to
> enjoy the correct web images.
>
> Hope someone can help me.
> Kathy in MI

Kathy T in MI

Re: Parts of web pages not loading correctly
Don,
Thank you! This sounds logically what the problem is. Now can you give me
an example of a third-party program that may be the guilty party? Any way I
can search for a specific term within a file that is causing the blockage?
The computer in question is new and belongs to my neighbor. She has had
some programs (mostly games, and most recently MS Office 2003) added to her
PC by others, and also an anti-virus program called Kaspersky, of which I
have no knowledge. But maybe it has properties set to filter out that type
of page content? If you can tell me what to look for, I do follow
instructions pretty well.

Thanks again for any help you can suggest!
Kathy

> Hi,
> You have a third-party program blocking ads and content which appears to
> be
> ads. Find the feature and tweak its settings or disable it.
>
> Here's some of the code from that page
>

> {AdBanner:{},AdBannerFront:{AdGroup:'NBCFC5',AdSiz eCode:'1390',Width:'728',H
> eight:'90'},AdSponsor:{},AdOverThePage:{AdGroup:'N BCFC3',AdSizeCode:'1402',W
> idth:'1',Height:'1'}}
>
> No ad-blocker would be able to resist a target like that. ;-)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Kathy T in MI" <kathytabb@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> Using IE 7 on Windows XP system. All of a sudden some screens are not
>> displaying properly. For example, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ should have
>> one-inch high color banner at the top of the page along with links to
>> various tv show links. It also contains their nbc logo, the peacock.
>> However, on this machine the top banner has no color or graphic images --
>> just a white background with the links to the other sites; and a search

> box.
>> Other, but not all, web sites have the same plain header, like abcnews,

> etc.
>> The remaining part of the page is close, but not exactly the same as the
>> "correctly displayed images" seen on other PCs.
>>
>> While I am proficient with PCs and their settings, I am not educated to
>> website construction, Java, Active X. I have checked every setting I can
>> find but nothing I've tried works to get these headers to appear

> correctly.
>> In fact, I'm not sure that the problem is related to Java, Active X, or
>> what. I did install the latest Java version without any changes to the

> web
>> screens. So, I don't have a clue as to how to fix this annoying problem
>> enjoy the correct web images.
>>
>> Hope someone can help me.
>> Kathy in MI

Don Varnau

Re: Parts of web pages not loading correctly
Hi,
I don't have access to Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky Internet Security to test,
but at http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_internet_security "Blocks unwanted
web banners " is listed as a feature of KIS 2009. Look through KIS settings
for this option.

> Don,
> Thank you! This sounds logically what the problem is. Now can you give

me
> an example of a third-party program that may be the guilty party? Any way

> can search for a specific term within a file that is causing the blockage?
> The computer in question is new and belongs to my neighbor. She has had
> some programs (mostly games, and most recently MS Office 2003) added to

her
> PC by others, and also an anti-virus program called Kaspersky, of which I
> have no knowledge. But maybe it has properties set to filter out that type
> of page content? If you can tell me what to look for, I do follow
> instructions pretty well.
>
> Thanks again for any help you can suggest!
> Kathy

> > Hi,
> > You have a third-party program blocking ads and content which appears to
> > be
> > ads. Find the feature and tweak its settings or disable it.
> >
> > Here's some of the code from that page

{AdBanner:{},AdBannerFront:{AdGroup:'NBCFC5',AdSiz eCode:'1390',Width:'728',H

eight:'90'},AdSponsor:{},AdOverThePage:{AdGroup:'N BCFC3',AdSizeCode:'1402',W
> > idth:'1',Height:'1'}}
> >
> > No ad-blocker would be able to resist a target like that. ;-)

> > "Kathy T in MI" <kathytabb@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> >> Using IE 7 on Windows XP system. All of a sudden some screens are not
> >> displaying properly. For example, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ should

have
> >> one-inch high color banner at the top of the page along with links to
> >> various tv show links. It also contains their nbc logo, the peacock.
> >> However, on this machine the top banner has no color or graphic

images --
> >> just a white background with the links to the other sites; and a search

> > box.
> >> Other, but not all, web sites have the same plain header, like abcnews,

> > etc.
> >> The remaining part of the page is close, but not exactly the same as

the
> >> "correctly displayed images" seen on other PCs.
> >>
> >> While I am proficient with PCs and their settings, I am not educated to
> >> website construction, Java, Active X. I have checked every setting I

can
> >> find but nothing I've tried works to get these headers to appear

> > correctly.
> >> In fact, I'm not sure that the problem is related to Java, Active X, or
> >> what. I did install the latest Java version without any changes to the

> > web
> >> screens. So, I don't have a clue as to how to fix this annoying problem
> >> enjoy the correct web images.
> >>
> >> Hope someone can help me.
> >> Kathy in MI

rueyturn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Parts of web pages not loading correctly
I have seen theis on several system - operating systems or browser version does not seem to manner. I am still trying to figure out why this is occuring and how to fix it without resetting everything.

However that being said if you reset all your browser settings to factory defaults (you have to do it twice for it to work) it resolve the issue. Unfortunity it also deletes your history, setttings, home pages and deafult search providers so if that is OK then reset Internet Browers setting under Internet Options Advance Tab. Remember doing this twice is the key. The first time you reset it does not always work the second time is the charm.

If I figure out an easier way or why this is occuring I will return with anoter post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Varnau View Post
Hi,
I don't have access to Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky Internet Security to test,
but at Kaspersky Lab UK :: Internet security products for home users "Blocks unwanted
web banners " is listed as a feature of KIS 2009. Look through KIS settings
for this option.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Kathy T in MI" <kathytabb@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Don,
> Thank you! This sounds logically what the problem is. Now can you give

me
> an example of a third-party program that may be the guilty party? Any way

> can search for a specific term within a file that is causing the blockage?
> The computer in question is new and belongs to my neighbor. She has had
> some programs (mostly games, and most recently MS Office 2003) added to

her
> PC by others, and also an anti-virus program called Kaspersky, of which I
> have no knowledge. But maybe it has properties set to filter out that type
> of page content? If you can tell me what to look for, I do follow
> instructions pretty well.
>
> Thanks again for any help you can suggest!
> Kathy

> > Hi,
> > You have a third-party program blocking ads and content which appears to
> > be
> > ads. Find the feature and tweak its settings or disable it.
> >
> > Here's some of the code from that page

{AdBanner:{},AdBannerFront:{AdGroup:'NBCFC5',AdSiz eCode:'1390',Width:'728',H

eight:'90'},AdSponsor:{},AdOverThePage:{AdGroup:'N BCFC3',AdSizeCode:'1402',W
> > idth:'1',Height:'1'}}
> >
> > No ad-blocker would be able to resist a target like that. ;-)

> > "Kathy T in MI" <kathytabb@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> >> Using IE 7 on Windows XP system. All of a sudden some screens are not
> >> displaying properly. For example, Breaking News, Weather, Business, Health, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Travel, Science, Technology, Local, US & World News- msnbc.com should

have