Error on IE Open (0xc000022)

Barb Reinhardt

Error on IE Open (0xc000022)
I am unable to open IE on a computer with a Vista operating system. I get
an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click
OK to terminate the application." The name on the window is ieuser.exe.

I've tried starting IE with all add-in's disabled and get the same message.
I've done a google search and haven't found anything that works.

I have no other browser installed on this machine at this time, so I'm not
sure what to do next.

Barb Reinhardt

Re: Error on IE Open (0xc000022)
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
> I am unable to open IE on a computer with a Vista operating system. I
> get
> an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
> Click OK to terminate the application." The name on the window is
> ieuser.exe.
>
> I've tried starting IE with all add-in's disabled and get the same
> message.
> I've done a google search and haven't found anything that works.
>
> I have no other browser installed on this machine at this time, so I'm not
> sure what to do next.
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Barb Reinhardt

Leonard Grey

Re: Error on IE Open (0xc000022)
Care to say what version of Internet Explorer you are using? Any service
pack installed on that copy of Vista?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
> I am unable to open IE on a computer with a Vista operating system. I get
> an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click
> OK to terminate the application." The name on the window is ieuser.exe.
>
> I've tried starting IE with all add-in's disabled and get the same message.
> I've done a google search and haven't found anything that works.
>
> I have no other browser installed on this machine at this time, so I'm not
> sure what to do next.
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Barb Reinhardt

Don Varnau

Re: Error on IE Open (0xc000022)
Hi,
Try...
Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> Reset IE Settings.

Does the error persist if you startup in Safe Mode with Networking?
Start Vista in Safe Mode
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx
or
http://snipr.com/vistasafe
If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, that would indicate that a program
which didn't load in Safe Mode is causing the problem.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to open IE on a computer with a Vista operating system. I

get
> an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).

Click
> OK to terminate the application." The name on the window is ieuser.exe.
>
> I've tried starting IE with all add-in's disabled and get the same

message.
> I've done a google search and haven't found anything that works.
>
> I have no other browser installed on this machine at this time, so I'm not
> sure what to do next.
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Barb Reinhardt

dwite is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error on IE Open (0xc000022)
Barb -
Did you ever get it to work?
I have the exact same problem you have. I've tried several suggestion to no avail. I did a restore and it went away until I loaded the new MS updates and the problem is back.
Last night, I downloaded FireFox from another computer on a thumb drive and installed that on my problem computer and that was easy and now I at least have a browser that works.
I'm just wondering if I should uninstall IE7 and perhaps download the IE8 beta version.

Dwight