Cannot launch IE7

rob.baker71@gmail.com

Cannot launch IE7
Having a major headache. IE7 just will not launch for me except
without add-ons. Strangely, at the same time, my back-up browser,
Firefox, also refused to launch. Google Chrome will work, but I have
limited use of Yahoo mail (a known issue).

I have followed numerous so-called fixes that I found in various on-
line help pages. If I do get one to work, it's not long-term - either
IE will crash, or next time I try to launch it, it won't play ball.
All that happens in the hourglass appears for a couple seconds then
disappears. And that's it. In task manager, I close all iexplore.exe
processes, but still nothing.

I'm getting pretty frustrated now as I rely on the web for much of my
work. Please, anyone, HELP!!!
Leonard Grey

Re: Cannot launch IE7
It's difficult to offer help when you say you have "followed numerous
so-called fixes that I found in various on-line help pages" because it
doesn't tell anyone what you've already tried. For all I know, I could
be wasting your time with an idea you've already tried.

Also, "...will not launch..." is not specific enough to explain your
problem. You have to explain exactly what happens when you start
Internet Explorer. Remember, this is a text-based newsgroup. We rely
totally on your explanation of your problem.

If IE 7 will only launch with add-ons disabled, that tells you that one
or more of your add-ons is causing whatever trouble you are having.
Therefore, you have to find out which add-on is causing your problem.

Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the
problem:

1- Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs tab > 'Manage add-ons'
button > 'Manage Add-ons' window.

2- In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3- Start Internet Explorer 7. Go to Tools > point to Manage Add-ons >
click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single add-on, then exit
and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works properly. Repeat
until you determine which add-on causes the problem to occur.

Once you've located the troublemaking add-on(s), disable it/them and ask
the vendor's technical support for help.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est