ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh

YetanotherProblem

ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh
I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates and
all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer 7
application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can you
sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t always
automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has caused
me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
problem is doing other Vista users heads in!
Leonard Grey

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem historyno sh
Problems can result when you install add-ons, such as browser toolbars,
that conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

YetanotherProblem wrote:
> I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
> Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates and
> all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer 7
> application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
> detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
> called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can you
> sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
> problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t always
> automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has caused
> me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
> problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

YetanotherProblem

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history n
Prompt response Thanks , I have only one toolbar installed and thats my
antivirus software toolbar no others, no google toolbars etc. I looked at my
addons and have found that there are quite a few, what would the best be
method to go about finding if an addon is causing internet explorer 7 to
crash? and will Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode cause my anti
virus software to malfunction?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Problems can result when you install add-ons, such as browser toolbars,
> that conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
> how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> YetanotherProblem wrote:
> > I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
> > Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates and
> > all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer 7
> > application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
> > detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
> > called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can you
> > sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
> > problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t always
> > automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has caused
> > me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
> > problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

===========

You may be seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

YetanotherProblem wrote:
> I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
> Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates
> and
> all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer
> 7
> application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
> detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
> called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can
> you sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly
> what problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t
> always automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It
> has
> caused me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this
> particular problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

Leonard Grey

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem historyn
Please follow the directions provided and post again with your results.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

YetanotherProblem wrote:
> Prompt response Thanks , I have only one toolbar installed and thats my
> antivirus software toolbar no others, no google toolbars etc. I looked at my
> addons and have found that there are quite a few, what would the best be
> method to go about finding if an addon is causing internet explorer 7 to
> crash? and will Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode cause my anti
> virus software to malfunction?
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Problems can result when you install add-ons, such as browser toolbars,
>> that conflict with Internet Explorer.
>>
>> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>>
>> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
>> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>>
>> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
>> following target path:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>>
>> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
>> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
>> how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>>
>> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
>> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> YetanotherProblem wrote:
>>> I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
>>> Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates and
>>> all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer 7
>>> application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
>>> detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
>>> called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can you
>>> sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
>>> problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t always
>>> automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has caused
>>> me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
>>> problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

Steve Hebert

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh
In addition to the other information already provided about troubleshooting
your add-ons, with Vista you can always use the 'problem reports and
solutions' tool to report your problems. Go to Start, type Problem, open
the Problem Reports and Solutions tool, then in the tasks pane click the
'check for new solutions' option.

"YetanotherProblem" <YetanotherProblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4B1CF4E8-F3F7-4EDF-B751-5B89AB266B2D@microsoft.com...
>I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
> Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates
> and
> all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer
> 7
> application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
> detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
> called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can
> you
> sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
> problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t
> always
> automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has
> caused
> me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
> problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

Sven Pran

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh
From my own investigation I strongly suggest that you begin with disabling
Adobe Flash player in your IE7 and see if your problem disappears.

Flash player 10 which was released in October/November 2008 early became
known to cause problems and "we" are still waiting for a solution from
Adobe.

regards Sven

"YetanotherProblem" <YetanotherProblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4B1CF4E8-F3F7-4EDF-B751-5B89AB266B2D@microsoft.com...
>I have Brand new and costly PC with a fresh installation of Windows Vista
> Home Premium, all recent service packs and all the latest vista updates
> and
> all of my latest antivirus definitions installed and the Internet Explorer
> 7
> application keeps crashing randomly when I browse the web! Vista's problem
> detection system (if that’s what is supposed to be called, what is it
> called?) doesn't always prompt me to report the problem to Microsoft! Can
> you
> sort this problem please Microsoft! How are you going to know exactly what
> problems need fixing if Vista's error/problem reporting system doesn’t
> always
> automatically prompt the user to report problems experienced? It has
> caused
> me sooooo much wasted time and data! I get the feeling this particular
> problem is doing other Vista users heads in!

Sven Pran

Re: ie 7 Crashes when browsing the web & vista's problem history no sh
Just to be precise: The suspected IE7 add-on object is "Shockwave Flash
Object" and the file is "Flash10a.ocx".
Sven