is the aweful add to favorites exploding tree fixed in IE 8 ?

iTsmurfer

is the aweful add to favorites exploding tree fixed in IE 8 ?
Is the aweful IE 7 "Add to Favorites" problem fixed in IE 8 ?
This is the one and only terrible feature of IE that is now causing me to
investigate Firefox, Safari, Flock, and others. I'd prefer to remain with IE
because it is much easier to transfer favorites from my home pc to my work pc
and vice-versa. I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers). But the
current IE 7 favorites feature is so bad i have no choice.
So i'm hoping sooo much it has been fixed in IE 8
Does anyone know ?
Kayman

Re: is the aweful add to favorites exploding tree fixed in IE 8 ?
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:28:01 -0800, iTsmurfer wrote:

> Is the aweful IE 7 "Add to Favorites" problem fixed in IE 8 ?
> This is the one and only terrible feature of IE that is now causing me to
> investigate Firefox, Safari, Flock, and others. I'd prefer to remain with IE
> because it is much easier to transfer favorites from my home pc to my work pc
> and vice-versa. I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
> they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers). But the
> current IE 7 favorites feature is so bad i have no choice.
> So i'm hoping sooo much it has been fixed in IE 8
> Does anyone know ?

Not until IE8 Beta2 is finally released.

Assume you're on WinXP.

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer¢s (No Add-ons) Mode:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Read: "What you must know"
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and
Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

Still not successful?

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

To uninstall IE 7 (which returns you to IE 6) follow these directions:

Start, Settings, Control Panel then click Add or Remove Programs, locate
IE7 and uninstall it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

If you upgraded to IE 7 'before' you applied SP 3, you'll have to
uninstall SP 3 first.

Pay close attention!

Read this before installing IE7:
Sandi's Installation Tips: 1 thru 8, 10 and 11, note 12 that's it.

Do not use Automatic/Windows Update for downloading/installing IE7!

Use this link instead:
Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP:

Save the program to your desktop then install.

Activate Windows Update after installing IE7 to download/install pertinent
updates offered, including Root Certificates updates.

Good luck
Gordon

"iTsmurfer" <iTsmurfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is the aweful IE 7 "Add to Favorites" problem fixed in IE 8 ?
> This is the one and only terrible feature of IE that is now causing me to
> investigate Firefox, Safari, Flock, and others. I'd prefer to remain with
> IE
> because it is much easier to transfer favorites from my home pc to my work
> pc
> and vice-versa.

Firefox keeps it's bookmarks in one HTML file, unlike IE....

>I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
> they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers).

FF doesn't - they are kept locally.....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Michel Doucet

Re: is the aweful add to favorites exploding tree fixed in IE 8 ?
Bonjour/soir, le Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:28:01 -0800, *iTsmurfer* a caressé
son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
> they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers).

You're using MS and you speak of spying culture of third parties
softwares .... rofl

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Averelll

Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:28:01 -0800, *iTsmurfer* a caressé
> son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
>> they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers).

> You're using MS and you speak of spying culture of third parties
> softwares .... rofl

Pour quelqu'un qui a la culture de l'obsession monomaniaque vous avez
bonne mine monsieur le troll international.
Michel Doucet

Re: is the aweful add to favorites exploding tree fixed in IE 8 ?
Bonjour/soir, le Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:28:16 +0100, *Averelll* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> Michel Doucet a écrit :
>> Bonjour/soir, le Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:28:01 -0800, *iTsmurfer* a caressé
>> son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>>
>>> I also detest the spying culture of the other browsers (where
>>> they want us to save our favorites/bookmarks on 'their' servers).

>> You're using MS and you speak of spying culture of third parties
>> softwares .... rofl
>>

> Pour quelqu'un qui a la culture de l'obsession monomaniaque vous avez
> bonne mine monsieur le troll international.

If the english language is too difficult for you ... don't post in a
foreign language in an english spoken ng !

Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:28:16 +0100, *Averelll* a caressé son
> clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> Michel Doucet a écrit :
>>> Bonjour/soir, le Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:28:01 -0800, *iTsmurfer* a caressé
>>> son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

>>> You're using MS and you speak of spying culture of third parties
>>> softwares .... rofl
>>>

>> Pour quelqu'un qui a la culture de l'obsession monomaniaque vous avez
>> bonne mine monsieur le troll international.

> If the english language is too difficult for you ... don't post in a
> foreign language in an english spoken ng !

Dans tous les groupes que vous parasitez, vous ne parlez que la langue
de pute monsieur le troll international aux oreilles d'âne.