IE7 Missing Favorites

delongrob

IE7 Missing Favorites
Hello, I am using a Lenovo T61, with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Currently I
am unable to do anything with bookmarks/favorites. I can't organize, save, or
import. I tried importing from another browser and when I reached the step to
choose a destination to save the file the box was empty. There is a favorites
folder under my user account in documents and settings.

I have tried uninstalling and installing the browser. Nothing has worked so
far. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

This was working prior to using a backup device with secured browsing. That
caused quite a few problems. I have fixed all applications excluding IE.

--
Rob
Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Missing Favorites
Hi,
Is the Favorites folder in the Local Settings folder at
Documents and Settings\account name\Local Settings ?

Not your exact symptom, but try the fixes at:
Organize Favorites dialog in Internet Explorer displays a "Red X" mark
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm

See if the Shell Folders registry key has been modified:
Reset the Shell Folders paths to defaults
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"delongrob" <delongrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am using a Lenovo T61, with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Currently

> am unable to do anything with bookmarks/favorites. I can't organize, save,

or
> import. I tried importing from another browser and when I reached the step

> choose a destination to save the file the box was empty. There is a

favorites
> folder under my user account in documents and settings.
>
> I have tried uninstalling and installing the browser. Nothing has worked

so
> far. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>
> This was working prior to using a backup device with secured browsing.

That
> caused quite a few problems. I have fixed all applications excluding IE.
>
> -
> Rob

delongrob

Re: IE7 Missing Favorites
Hi Don,

thanks for the message! The FolderRedirector executable solved the problem.
The favorites folder had been moved to the E drive where I connected my
backup device. It has now been restored to it's default.

--
Rob

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is the Favorites folder in the Local Settings folder at
> Documents and Settings\account name\Local Settings ?
>
> Not your exact symptom, but try the fixes at:
> Organize Favorites dialog in Internet Explorer displays a "Red X" mark
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm
>
> See if the Shell Folders registry key has been modified:
> Reset the Shell Folders paths to defaults
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "delongrob" <delongrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I am using a Lenovo T61, with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Currently

> > am unable to do anything with bookmarks/favorites. I can't organize, save,

> or
> > import. I tried importing from another browser and when I reached the step

> > choose a destination to save the file the box was empty. There is a

> favorites
> > folder under my user account in documents and settings.
> >
> > I have tried uninstalling and installing the browser. Nothing has worked

> so
> > far. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > This was working prior to using a backup device with secured browsing.

> That
> > caused quite a few problems. I have fixed all applications excluding IE.
> >
> > -
> > Rob

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Missing Favorites
Hi,
Glad that Ramesh's solution worked for you. Thanks for the update.

Don