Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

add ons disabled using windows mail links

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2009
tinak
 

Posts: n/a
add ons disabled using windows mail links
I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday, when I
click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says "Internet
Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into Tools -
Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I go
into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access it.
When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it is
only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from the
Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the Microsoft
update from a few days ago. Please help!
--
TK
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: add ons disabled using windows mail links
Hi,
1. In Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing, verify that 'Enable third-party
browser extensions" is checked

2. Right-click IE shortcuts in Start> Programs and the Quicklaunch bar (if
used) Choose Properties then Shortcut. If the Target is [C:\Program
Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -extoff] edit out the -extoff. Click
OK.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"tinak" <tinak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F24ED660-9887-4AFA-AFA6-CC26F5E583C3@microsoft.com...
> I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday, when

I
> click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says "Internet
> Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into

Tools -
> Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I go
> into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access it.
> When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it is
> only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from the
> Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
> problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the

Microsoft
> update from a few days ago. Please help!
> -
> TK


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: add ons disabled using windows mail links
What "update from a few days ago"?

tinak wrote:
> I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday, when
> I
> click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says "Internet
> Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into
> Tools
> - Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I
> go
> into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access it.
> When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it is
> only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from the
> Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
> problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the
> Microsoft
> update from a few days ago. Please help!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2009
tinak
 

Posts: n/a
Re: add ons disabled using windows mail links
Thanks for the reply. I have checked both of your suggestions and for #1,
the 'Enable third party extensions', the box is checked. For #2, the
shortcut does not have the -extoff extension. Do you have any other
suggestions? Thanks!
--
TK


"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. In Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing, verify that 'Enable third-party
> browser extensions" is checked
>
> 2. Right-click IE shortcuts in Start> Programs and the Quicklaunch bar (if
> used) Choose Properties then Shortcut. If the Target is [C:\Program
> Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -extoff] edit out the -extoff. Click
> OK.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "tinak" <tinak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F24ED660-9887-4AFA-AFA6-CC26F5E583C3@microsoft.com...
> > I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday, when

> I
> > click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says "Internet
> > Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into

> Tools -
> > Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I go
> > into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access it.
> > When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it is
> > only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from the
> > Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
> > problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the

> Microsoft
> > update from a few days ago. Please help!
> > -
> > TK

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2009
tinak
 

Posts: n/a
Re: add ons disabled using windows mail links
The three microsoft updates from Jan. 14th were 1) Update for Windows Mail
Junk e-mail filter, 2) Security update for Windows Vista and 3) Windows
Malicious Software Removal Tool. I also believe that the Google toolbar was
updated on my machine today so that could be the culprit. I don't know.
--
TK


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What "update from a few days ago"?
>
> tinak wrote:
> > I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday, when
> > I
> > click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says "Internet
> > Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into
> > Tools
> > - Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I
> > go
> > into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access it.
> > When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it is
> > only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from the
> > Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
> > problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the
> > Microsoft
> > update from a few days ago. Please help!

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: add ons disabled using windows mail links
Are you running Vista, Vista SP1, or Vista SP2 Beta? <=just a question, not
a recommendation or suggestion!

Close IE | Uninstall Google Toolbar | Reboot & test before reinstalling
Google Toolbar.

If you have other third-party toolbars installed (e.g., Yahoo; Skype;
Windows Live; Roboform), uninstall all of them, too, before rebooting &
testing, please.

tinak wrote:
> The three microsoft updates from Jan. 14th were 1) Update for Windows Mail
> Junk e-mail filter, 2) Security update for Windows Vista and 3) Windows
> Malicious Software Removal Tool. I also believe that the Google toolbar
> was
> updated on my machine today so that could be the culprit. I don't know.
>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> What "update from a few days ago"?
>>
>> tinak wrote:
>>> I am running Vista home premium edition with IE 7. Since yesterday,
>>> when
>>> I
>>> click on a link in Windows mail, the IE window that pops up says
>>> "Internet
>>> Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." When I go into
>>> Tools
>>> - Internet Options and look at the add-ons they are all enabled. When I
>>> go
>>> into Tools the "Manage Add-ons" option is greyed out so I can't access
>>> it.
>>> When I launch IE from the shortcut, all of the add-ons are enabled - it
>>> is
>>> only when I click on a link from Windows Mail or on Windows help from
>>> the
>>> Control Panel that I have the disabled problem. I have never had this
>>> problem before and I am wondering if it is somehow related to the
>>> Microsoft
>>> update from a few days ago. Please help!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cannot open links in my e-mail or help section in windows Live Mail Robert Riendeau microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 10 09-19-2009 02:17
Links in Windows Mail Brink microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 12-13-2008 19:10
http: links in windows mail excalibur1000 microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 06-19-2008 20:08
Links in Windows Mail Andreas microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 5 09-25-2007 14:03
Hot Links in Windows Mail Dr Bill microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 06-20-2007 12:49




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120