Re: Problems install IE7

[X-post to IE General]

Are you running an English-language version of WinXP or a Dutch-language
version?

Which was installed first, IE7 (English-language) or SP3?

Was the machine fully patched at Windows Update after you installed IE7 but
before you installed the IE7 MUI Pack?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

P. v. Oosten wrote:
> I run Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. I have a MUI pack (Multilingual User
> Interface), so it looks like I have a local (dutch) version. Trying to
> install IE7 gives me the same message (translated from dutch to english:
> 'Present language of the operating system is not supported by this
> installation').
>
> What I did is I installed the english version of IE7 and after that I
> downloaded and installed the IE7 MUI pack. This works fine for me. I can
> switch between English and Dutch menus and dialogs, both for Windows XP
> and
> for IE7, by changing the settings 'Regional and Language Options' > tab
> 'Languages' > 'Language used in menus and dialogs'. (this way I determined
> that I run the english version of XP with the MUI pack, and not the dutch
> Windows XP).

P. v. Oosten

Re: Problems install IE7
I have checked at the service desk of my company that I'm running (as I
expected) the English-language version of XP extended with a Dutch
language-pack. SP3 was installed and all Windows updates were installed when
I installed IE7. The dutch version is rejected (during unpacking), so I
installed the english IE7.

It is not a problem to me anymore, I now understand that the dutch version
is rejected because the XP is english. The language packs for XP and for IE
make that the menus and dialogs are in Dutch om my machine.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to IE General]
>
> Are you running an English-language version of WinXP or a Dutch-language
> version?
>
> Which was installed first, IE7 (English-language) or SP3?
>
> Was the machine fully patched at Windows Update after you installed IE7 but
> before you installed the IE7 MUI Pack?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> P. v. Oosten wrote:
> > I run Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. I have a MUI pack (Multilingual User
> > Interface), so it looks like I have a local (dutch) version. Trying to
> > install IE7 gives me the same message (translated from dutch to english:
> > 'Present language of the operating system is not supported by this
> > installation').
> >
> > What I did is I installed the english version of IE7 and after that I
> > downloaded and installed the IE7 MUI pack. This works fine for me. I can
> > switch between English and Dutch menus and dialogs, both for Windows XP
> > and
> > for IE7, by changing the settings 'Regional and Language Options' > tab
> > 'Languages' > 'Language used in menus and dialogs'. (this way I determined
> > that I run the english version of XP with the MUI pack, and not the dutch
> > Windows XP).

Re: Problems install IE7
Even if you were able to install the Dutch-language version somehow, it
would "automagically" be changed to the English-language version upon
installing any Cumulative Security Update for IE7.

Reference:

Availability of the Internet Explorer 7 Multilingual User Interface Pack and
of the Internet Explorer 7 Language Interface Pack:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933702