IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7

Wiley C

IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Months to years ago, IE would inform me that a streaming audio [ & perhaps
video ] file could be played within IE.

Is is possible to configure IE 7, on Vista SP1 to do this? If so, how? I
looked through IE 7's internet options > advanced tab.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never used IE 7 on a Vista PC to play a
streaming audio or video file.

Thanks for your time.
Cora

RE: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Absolutely. Do you ever see the streaming ads on your web pages? If not,
determine if you have Adobe Flash Player installed from here:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

If not, install only the Adobe Flash Player, NOT the media player. Once
installed try playing a streaming video from your favorite streaming site:
YouTube, HULU, etc.

Hope it helps.

"Wiley C" wrote:

> Months to years ago, IE would inform me that a streaming audio [ & perhaps
> video ] file could be played within IE.
>
> Is is possible to configure IE 7, on Vista SP1 to do this? If so, how? I
> looked through IE 7's internet options > advanced tab.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, I have never used IE 7 on a Vista PC to play a
> streaming audio or video file.
>
> Thanks for your time.

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Hi Cora,

Not quite.

The streaming video's you see on YouTube are in fact Flash conversions of
Video format files.

Other sites may offer steams in other file formats that require a Player
application. Depending upon your computers' file associations windows will
choose a player application to run the file in.

Some sites embed a player application (ActiveX control) in their web page
that enables users to play the content directly in the browser window.

IE used to have a built-in player application (the Media Side Bar) in which
you could play content within the browser window, but this was discontinued
in version 7 and was replaced by the WMP and 'Media Center' versions of
Windows.

YouTube use the Flash format because it is harder for someone to copy and
the files are smaller than other video formats.

Regards.

"Cora" <Cora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Absolutely. Do you ever see the streaming ads on your web pages? If not,
> determine if you have Adobe Flash Player installed from here:
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
>
> If not, install only the Adobe Flash Player, NOT the media player. Once
> installed try playing a streaming video from your favorite streaming site:
> YouTube, HULU, etc.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> "Wiley C" wrote:
>
>> Months to years ago, IE would inform me that a streaming audio [ &
>> perhaps
>> video ] file could be played within IE.
>>
>> Is is possible to configure IE 7, on Vista SP1 to do this? If so, how?
>> looked through IE 7's internet options > advanced tab.
>>
>> To the best of my knowledge, I have never used IE 7 on a Vista PC to play
>> streaming audio or video file.
>>
>> Thanks for your time.

Cora

Re: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
That's it. No more response for me.

Thank you very much Rob for the correction. I hope this also helps Wiley.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Cora,
>
> Not quite.
>
> The streaming video's you see on YouTube are in fact Flash conversions of
> Video format files.
>
> Other sites may offer steams in other file formats that require a Player
> application. Depending upon your computers' file associations windows will
> choose a player application to run the file in.
>
> Some sites embed a player application (ActiveX control) in their web page
> that enables users to play the content directly in the browser window.
>
> IE used to have a built-in player application (the Media Side Bar) in which
> you could play content within the browser window, but this was discontinued
> in version 7 and was replaced by the WMP and 'Media Center' versions of
> Windows.
>
> YouTube use the Flash format because it is harder for someone to copy and
> the files are smaller than other video formats.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Cora" <Cora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Absolutely. Do you ever see the streaming ads on your web pages? If not,
> > determine if you have Adobe Flash Player installed from here:
> >
> > http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
> >
> > If not, install only the Adobe Flash Player, NOT the media player. Once
> > installed try playing a streaming video from your favorite streaming site:
> > YouTube, HULU, etc.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > "Wiley C" wrote:
> >
> >> Months to years ago, IE would inform me that a streaming audio [ &
> >> perhaps
> >> video ] file could be played within IE.
> >>
> >> Is is possible to configure IE 7, on Vista SP1 to do this? If so, how?
> >> looked through IE 7's internet options > advanced tab.
> >>
> >> To the best of my knowledge, I have never used IE 7 on a Vista PC to play
> >> streaming audio or video file.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your time.

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Hi Cora,

I did not want to discourage you from responding to questions asked here on
this newsgroup.

We are all volunteers and enthusiasts here.

Your input is most welcome.

It is a great place to learn.

> That's it. No more response for me.
>
> Thank you very much Rob for the correction. I hope this also helps Wiley.
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Cora,
>>
>> Not quite.
>>
>> The streaming video's you see on YouTube are in fact Flash conversions of
>> Video format files.
>>
>> Other sites may offer steams in other file formats that require a Player
>> application. Depending upon your computers' file associations windows
>> will
>> choose a player application to run the file in.
>>
>> Some sites embed a player application (ActiveX control) in their web page
>> that enables users to play the content directly in the browser window.
>>
>> IE used to have a built-in player application (the Media Side Bar) in
>> which
>> you could play content within the browser window, but this was
>> discontinued
>> in version 7 and was replaced by the WMP and 'Media Center' versions of
>> Windows.
>>
>> YouTube use the Flash format because it is harder for someone to copy and
>> the files are smaller than other video formats.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Cora" <Cora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Absolutely. Do you ever see the streaming ads on your web pages? If
>> > not,
>> > determine if you have Adobe Flash Player installed from here:
>> >
>> > http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
>> >
>> > If not, install only the Adobe Flash Player, NOT the media player.
>> > Once
>> > installed try playing a streaming video from your favorite streaming
>> > site:
>> > YouTube, HULU, etc.
>> >
>> > Hope it helps.

Cora

Re: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Good morning Rob,

Thank you for the kind words. However, this is the second time someone
corrected my response. I certainly do not wish to pass my misinformation
onto someone else.

I have only 3 years on the WWW and everything I have learned was from
dedicated forum members, computing websites, newsletters and trial and error.
For me, being self-taught is truly only for self.lol

I am indebted to everyone who has committed their time and knowledge to
guide someone like myself into the 21st century.

God bless you,

Cora

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Cora,
>
> I did not want to discourage you from responding to questions asked here on
> this newsgroup.
>
> We are all volunteers and enthusiasts here.
>
> Your input is most welcome.
>
> It is a great place to learn.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Cora" <Cora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That's it. No more response for me.
> >
> > Thank you very much Rob for the correction. I hope this also helps Wiley.
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Cora,
> >>
> >> Not quite.
> >>
> >> The streaming video's you see on YouTube are in fact Flash conversions of
> >> Video format files.
> >>
> >> Other sites may offer steams in other file formats that require a Player
> >> application. Depending upon your computers' file associations windows
> >> will
> >> choose a player application to run the file in.
> >>
> >> Some sites embed a player application (ActiveX control) in their web page
> >> that enables users to play the content directly in the browser window.
> >>
> >> IE used to have a built-in player application (the Media Side Bar) in
> >> which
> >> you could play content within the browser window, but this was
> >> discontinued
> >> in version 7 and was replaced by the WMP and 'Media Center' versions of
> >> Windows.
> >>
> >> YouTube use the Flash format because it is harder for someone to copy and
> >> the files are smaller than other video formats.
> >>
> >> Regards.

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 play streaming audio within IE 7
Its good evening here. I am on the other side of the planet. That’s
technology for ya!

news79B1FD3-3B7B-415B-9CAC-8BF32EB026E1@microsoft.com...