IE7 failure to display video

cuartetto

IE7 failure to display video
I have IE7, XP pro SP3, Flash Player 10.
When I sign in with my account that has administrator provledges, I can view
video on youtube without any problem. if I log in with my limited account and
try to open a youtube video I get the following message. Either you have java
script turned off or an older version of Flash Player. If I change this
account to have admin privledges, it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled
Flash Player and re-installed ver 10, still doesn't work. If I use Google
Chrome, everything works just fine.

Don
Wiley C

RE: IE7 failure to display video
How did you uninstall FP10? Probably add / remove programs. Seems logical.
Unfortunately, someone at MSFT or Adobe is messing with our minds.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=2

THEN, reboot. Log in using your limited account. When the web site of
importance loads, click on the link / prompt to install FP10.

If that link / prompt does not appear, then download FP10 from
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

If you download it from Adobe, you will receive the download & install
option if you are logged in as administrator.

See these instructions.
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp.../instructions/

"cuartetto" wrote:

> I have IE7, XP pro SP3, Flash Player 10.
> When I sign in with my account that has administrator provledges, I can view
> video on youtube without any problem. if I log in with my limited account and
> try to open a youtube video I get the following message. Either you have java
> script turned off or an older version of Flash Player. If I change this
> account to have admin privledges, it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled
> Flash Player and re-installed ver 10, still doesn't work. If I use Google
> Chrome, everything works just fine.
>
> Don

cuartetto

RE: IE7 failure to display video
Thank you.
I'll give this a try and let you know.

Don

"Wiley C" wrote:

> How did you uninstall FP10? Probably add / remove programs. Seems logical.
> Unfortunately, someone at MSFT or Adobe is messing with our minds.
>
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=2
>
> THEN, reboot. Log in using your limited account. When the web site of
> importance loads, click on the link / prompt to install FP10.
>
> If that link / prompt does not appear, then download FP10 from
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
>
> If you download it from Adobe, you will receive the download & install
> option if you are logged in as administrator.
>
> See these instructions.
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp.../instructions/
>
> "cuartetto" wrote:
>
> > I have IE7, XP pro SP3, Flash Player 10.
> > When I sign in with my account that has administrator provledges, I can view
> > video on youtube without any problem. if I log in with my limited account and
> > try to open a youtube video I get the following message. Either you have java
> > script turned off or an older version of Flash Player. If I change this
> > account to have admin privledges, it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled
> > Flash Player and re-installed ver 10, still doesn't work. If I use Google
> > Chrome, everything works just fine.
> >
> > Don

Donald Anadell

Re: IE7 failure to display video
See this Thread for possible resolution of Flash Player issues on Windows XP
machines with multiple user accounts:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...&enterthread=y

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

"cuartetto" <cuartetto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have IE7, XP pro SP3, Flash Player 10.
> When I sign in with my account that has administrator provledges, I can
> view
> video on youtube without any problem. if I log in with my limited account
> and
> try to open a youtube video I get the following message. Either you have
> java
> script turned off or an older version of Flash Player. If I change this
> account to have admin privledges, it still doesn't work. I have
> uninstalled
> Flash Player and re-installed ver 10, still doesn't work. If I use Google
> Chrome, everything works just fine.
>
> Don

vscribe

Re: IE7 failure to display video
On Jan 16, 9:07*am, "Donald Anadell" <danad...@nospamersmikrotec.com>
wrote:
> See this Thread for possible resolution of Flash Player issues on WindowsXP
> machines with multiple user accounts:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...w.cfm?forumid=....
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>
> "cuartetto" <cuarte...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have IE7, XP pro SP3, Flash Player 10.
> > When I sign in with my account that has administrator provledges, I can
> > view
> > video on youtube without any problem. if I log in with my limited account
> > and
> > try to open a youtube video I get the following message. Either you have
> > java
> > script turned off or an older version of Flash Player. If I change this
> > account to have admin privledges, it still doesn't work. I have
> > uninstalled
> > Flash Player and re-installed ver 10, still doesn't work. If I use Google
> > Chrome, everything works just fine.

> > Don

Hi - don't know if this well help but

we were having an issue with apache /php servers and FP 10 not playing
vid in ie 7 (would play in FF).

We had to remove the MIME types in httpconf

# $extList['swf'] = 'application/x-shockwave-flash';
# $extList['flv'] = 'video/x-flv';
$extList['wmv'] = 'video/x-ms-wmv';
$extList['xls'] = 'application/vnd.ms-excel';

As soon as we did, the video worked like a champ