My Home Page has been hijacked by an automatic update page...

Della

My Home Page has been hijacked by an automatic update page...
I even updated, but the first home page is still an IE7 SP2 update page. I've
reset my preferred homepage in OPTIONS, but that isn't stopping the Microsoft
page to load. What can I do to stop it and get my regular homepage first?
Gordon

Re: My Home Page has been hijacked by an automatic update page...
"Della" <Della@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I even updated, but the first home page is still an IE7 SP2 update page.
>I've
> reset my preferred homepage in OPTIONS, but that isn't stopping the
> Microsoft
> page to load. What can I do to stop it and get my regular homepage first?

There is no IE7 "SP2". Please post the URL of this "page"....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: My Home Page has been hijacked by an automatic update page...
1. See http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubles...sp#updatecheck

If no joy...

2. You may have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest
that you...

1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
Programs!]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

NB: Use http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx as the

Or Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any
critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update is listed in the
Optional category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's additional
security.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Della wrote:
> I even updated, but the first home page is still an IE7 SP2 update page.
> I've reset my preferred homepage in OPTIONS, but that isn't stopping the
> Microsoft page to load. What can I do to stop it and get my regular
> homepage first?

unhappy ms user