Arranging favorites

Bob G.

Arranging favorites
I commute between two computers and always import my latest favorites when I
do. They don't import in the same order that I had them on the previous
computer, so I need to rearrange them.

Is there any way to do that other than drag them because dragging the ones
from the bottom to the top, for example, is tedious?

Bob

someone

Re: Arranging favorites
Right click on any of them and select "sort by name."

"Bob G." <rjgr@cox.net> wrote in message
> I commute between two computers and always import my latest favorites when
> I do. They don't import in the same order that I had them on the previous
> computer, so I need to rearrange them.
>
> Is there any way to do that other than drag them because dragging the ones
> from the bottom to the top, for example, is tedious?
>
> Bob

Bob G.

Re: Arranging favorites
Thanks but I don't want to sort by name; I want a custom sort.

The organizing favorites utility is not very good. For example, if I want
to put sites in certain folders, it's easier to open up My Computer and move
them that way rather than the Move function in Organizing Favorites. I was
hoping there was a similar trick to arranging the individual sites.

Bob

"someone" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Right click on any of them and select "sort by name."
>
> "Bob G." <rjgr@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I commute between two computers and always import my latest favorites
>> when I do. They don't import in the same order that I had them on the
>> previous computer, so I need to rearrange them.
>>
>> Is there any way to do that other than drag them because dragging the
>> ones from the bottom to the top, for example, is tedious?
>>
>> Bob

ju.c

Re: Arranging favorites
If the Favorites are the same on both computers then just export this registry key
from the first computer and import it into the second computer:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]

ju.c