Live Mail and Vista

J16

Live Mail and Vista
Where is feedback to Microsoft this isn’t it!!! Make easier to find. The
promises to make Live Mail better is too slow coming.
Live Mail is pathetic: you can’t scroll down , can’t sort mail if you have a
lo>>: “too many messages use search” I don’t want to search -- I want to
sort by -- who from or subject. My MSN mail won’t work in Vista. Windows
Mail, Outlook Express’s successor doesn’t do Web-based mail like Hotmail
Http servers-- so It’s either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget hotmail
and get another browser& mail service with new browser and transfer all.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926374 This what You get>>
“Windows Mail no longer supports the HTTP servers that are used by Hotmail
and other
Web-based e-mail providers such as AOL mail, Google mail, and Yahoo! Mail”
“Windows Mail does support Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Internet Message
Access Protocol (IMAP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
types.” I HATE Vista and Live Mail!. Vista is not anything to brag about! SO
MAYBE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM since this half- hatched Vista operating
system ,shoved down our throats, doesn’t allow this. Please fix both ASAP!

--
Wondering

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: Live Mail and Vista
"J16" <J16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where is feedback to Microsoft this isn’t it!!! Make easier to find. The
> promises to make Live Mail better is too slow coming.
> Live Mail is pathetic: you can’t scroll down , can’t sort mail if you have
> lo>>: “too many messages use search” I don’t want to search -- I want
> sort by -- who from or subject. My MSN mail won’t work in Vista. Windows
> Mail, Outlook Express’s successor doesn’t do Web-based mail like Hotmail
> Http servers-- so It’s either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget
> hotmail
> and get another browser& mail service with new browser and transfer all.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926374 This what You get>>
> “Windows Mail no longer supports the HTTP servers that are used by Hotmail
> and other
> Web-based e-mail providers such as AOL mail, Google mail, and Yahoo! Mail”
> “Windows Mail does support Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Internet Message
> Access Protocol (IMAP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
> types.” I HATE Vista and Live Mail!. Vista is not anything to brag about!
> SO
> MAYBE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM since this half- hatched Vista operating
> system ,shoved down our throats, doesn’t allow this. Please fix both ASAP!

That's what you get for not PAYING for your email. It's FREE. What more do
you expect?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: Live Mail and Vista
> Where is feedback to Microsoft this isn’t it!!! Make easier to find...

Windows Live Hotmail Feedback
https://feedback.live.com/default.as...ductkey=wlmail

More:

HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/...708!6203.entry

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/...708!5828.entry

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

> ..My MSN mail won’t work in Vista. Windows
> Mail, Outlook Express’s successor doesn’t do Web-based mail like Hotmail
> Http servers-- so It’s either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget
> hotmail and get...

This may be of interest to you:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

J16 wrote:
> Where is feedback to Microsoft this isn’t it!!! Make easier to find. The
> promises to make Live Mail better is too slow coming.
> Live Mail is pathetic: you can’t scroll down , can’t sort mail if you have
> lo>>: “too many messages use search” I don’t want to search -- I want
> sort by -- who from or subject. My MSN mail won’t work in Vista. Windows
> Mail, Outlook Express’s successor doesn’t do Web-based mail like Hotmail
> Http servers-- so It’s either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget
> hotmail and get another browser& mail service with new browser and
> transfer
> all. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926374 This what You
> get>>
> “Windows Mail no longer supports the HTTP servers that are used by Hotmail
> and other
> Web-based e-mail providers such as AOL mail, Google mail, and Yahoo! Mail”
> “Windows Mail does support Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Internet Message
> Access Protocol (IMAP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
> types.” I HATE Vista and Live Mail!. Vista is not anything to brag about!
> SO
> MAYBE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM since this half- hatched Vista operating
> system ,shoved down our throats, doesn’t allow this. Please fix both ASAP!

VanguardLH

Re: Live Mail and Vista
J16 wrote:

> Where is feedback to Microsoft this isnt it!!! Make easier to find. The
> promises to make Live Mail better is too slow coming.
> Live Mail is pathetic: you cant scroll down , cant sort mail if you have a
> lo>>: too many messages use search I dont want to search -- I want to
> sort by -- who from or subject. My MSN mail wont work in Vista. Windows
> Mail, Outlook Expresss successor doesnt do Web-based mail like Hotmail
> Http servers-- so Its either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget hotmail
> and get another browser& mail service with new browser and transfer all.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926374 This what You get>>
> Windows Mail no longer supports the HTTP servers that are used by Hotmail
> and other
> Web-based e-mail providers such as AOL mail, Google mail, and Yahoo! Mail
> Windows Mail does support Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Internet Message
> Access Protocol (IMAP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
> types. I HATE Vista and Live Mail!. Vista is not anything to brag about! SO
> MAYBE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM since this half- hatched Vista operating
> system ,shoved down our throats, doesnt allow this. Please fix both ASAP!

"Live Mail". So are you talking about the Live Hotmail e-mail service
(and using a web browser to its webmail interface)? Or are you talking
about Windows Live Mail, a local e-mail client that you run on your own
host which connects to the Live Hotmail service? Windows Live Mail has
its own newsgroup at microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop where
you can ask questions.

"MSN Mail". Okay, and what does THAT mean? MSN has an e-mail service.
It's Hotmail. Or maybe you're talking about the Mail application
included in Windows Vista. Vista's Mail has its own newsgroup at
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail where you can ask questions on using
that e-mail client. I've never used it (because I'm not stuck using
Vista).

Microsoft yanked POP/SMTP mail host access from freebie accounts many,
many years ago (and only legacy accounts that were active before the
cutoff could still use POP/SMTP). HTTP/WebDAV was the scripting
language used to connect to freebie Hotmail accounts but Microsoft
yanked that away back in Nov 2004 (again with only legacy accounts
keeping that access). Microsoft switched from WebDAV, a proprietary
communications protocol of theirs, to Deltasync, another proprietary
protocol of theirs. Microsoft is moving from WebDAV to Deltasync. You
must do the same. They promised a return of POP/SMTP mail host access
to freebie Hotmail accounts back in Nov 2007 which was planned for a
year later but now they are saying it will arrive in Feb 2009.

Outlook Express will never support Deltasync because it's a long dead
product. No version of Outlook supports Deltasync. You can install
their Outlook Connector add-on to add Deltasync support but which works
only with 2003 and 2007 versions of Outlook. I don't know if Vista's
Mail client supports Deltasync (and presumably you don't have a Live
Hotmail Plus account or you would be using POP to access it, so you have
a freebie Live Hotmail account which requires Deltasync access). If
Vista's Mail supports Deltasync, maybe you have to create a new Hotmail
account using the correct HTTP mail servers that support Deltasync and
not the old WebDAV servers. If not, you'll have to switch to the
Windows Live Mail client (or pay for a Plus account to get POP access).
The users in the Vista Mail group would know better just what that
e-mail client can handle for e-mail protocols.

> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

Oh, I thought you were actually asking for help because you really
wanted to use your Hotmail account. Sorry for proposing a solution.
Suggestions are NOT questions.
markdauvid

RE: Live Mail and Vista
how about this one. with outlook express we could use our hotmail account.
than in their infinite wisdom they gave us windows mail and not compatible
with hotmail. than oe not compatible either but if you bought hotmail plus
you can use hotmail. give us back compatibility for hotmail to use windows
mail otherwise show us a way to delete windows mail as a useless waste of
space.

"J16" wrote:

> Where is feedback to Microsoft this isn’t it!!! Make easier to find. The
> promises to make Live Mail better is too slow coming.
> Live Mail is pathetic: you can’t scroll down , can’t sort mail if you have a
> lo>>: “too many messages use search” I don’t want to search -- I want to
> sort by -- who from or subject. My MSN mail won’t work in Vista. Windows
> Mail, Outlook Express’s successor doesn’t do Web-based mail like Hotmail
> Http servers-- so It’s either Office Outlook or incredimail OR forget hotmail
> and get another browser& mail service with new browser and transfer all.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926374 This what You get>>
> “Windows Mail no longer supports the HTTP servers that are used by Hotmail
> and other
> Web-based e-mail providers such as AOL mail, Google mail, and Yahoo! Mail”
> “Windows Mail does support Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Internet Message
> Access Protocol (IMAP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
> types.” I HATE Vista and Live Mail!. Vista is not anything to brag about! SO
> MAYBE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM since this half- hatched Vista operating
> system ,shoved down our throats, doesn’t allow this. Please fix both ASAP!
>
> --
> Wondering
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Live Mail and Vista
You simply must get out more often. See
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
--
~PA Bear

markdauvid wrote:
> how about this one. with outlook express we could use our hotmail
> account.
> than in their infinite wisdom they gave us windows mail and not compatible
> with hotmail. than oe not compatible either but if you bought hotmail plus
> you can use hotmail. give us back compatibility for hotmail to use windows
> mail otherwise show us a way to delete windows mail as a useless waste of
> space.

<snip>

markdauvid

Re: Live Mail and Vista
ok here is the problem with that. when you start setup just like the old oe
it asks you to enter your email address. mine is @msn.com you get an error
message about http email is dead for windows mail but i happen to know if you
purchase hotmail plus for i think $19.95/yr. i installed incredimail which
loaded the pop servers for hotmail and it worked foe a while than it stopped
receiving something about a pop server error which in microsoft speak means i
wasn't paying foe hotmail plus. i know the servers are correct because it
previously worked and i can't receive but i can send. incredimail has some
really nice stationary so i can still use it to send.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You simply must get out more often. See
> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> markdauvid wrote:
> > how about this one. with outlook express we could use our hotmail
> > account.
> > than in their infinite wisdom they gave us windows mail and not compatible
> > with hotmail. than oe not compatible either but if you bought hotmail plus
> > you can use hotmail. give us back compatibility for hotmail to use windows
> > mail otherwise show us a way to delete windows mail as a useless waste of
> > space.

> <snip>

Re: Live Mail and Vista
When POP3 access becomes available _where you live_, you should be able to
access the myname@msn.com account via POP3 in OE.

PS: If you rename it to myname@hotmail.com, it's the same account.
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

markdauvid wrote:
> ok here is the problem with that. when you start setup just like the old
> oe
> it asks you to enter your email address. mine is @msn.com you get an error
> message about http email is dead for windows mail but i happen to know if
> you purchase hotmail plus for i think $19.95/yr. i installed incredimail
> which loaded the pop servers for hotmail and it worked foe a while than it
> stopped receiving something about a pop server error which in microsoft
> speak means i wasn't paying foe hotmail plus. i know the servers are
> correct because it previously worked and i can't receive but i can send.
> incredimail has some really nice stationary so i can still use it to send.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You simply must get out more often. See
>> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> markdauvid wrote:
>>> how about this one. with outlook express we could use our hotmail
>>> account.
>>> than in their infinite wisdom they gave us windows mail and not
>>> compatible
>>> with hotmail. than oe not compatible either but if you bought hotmail
>>> plus
>>> you can use hotmail. give us back compatibility for hotmail to use
>>> windows
>>> mail otherwise show us a way to delete windows mail as a useless waste
>>> of
>>> space.