Hiding menus and buttons

yba02

Hiding menus and buttons
Hi,
Running XP Pro SP2.
I have a particular need to run IE in Explorer mode. For that, I need to
hide just everything in the top part, such as menu items, buttons, address
bar, etc. I want it a blank page with whatever content I will run it with.
Trying group policy did most of the job. However, View is still there and
ticking its Folders option will show things I need to hide.

Any ideas are really appreciated.

Thanks
Yahya
rob^_^

Re: Hiding menus and buttons
gpedit.msc > Administrative Templates> Windows Components>Internet
Explorer - disable "Turn on menu bar by default"

Make sure you are using the IE7 ADM files -

Have you tried Kiosk mode? Launch IE with the Kiosk mode command parameter -
iexplore.exe -k

Regards.

"yba02" <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Running XP Pro SP2.
> I have a particular need to run IE in Explorer mode. For that, I need to
> hide just everything in the top part, such as menu items, buttons, address
> bar, etc. I want it a blank page with whatever content I will run it
> with.
> Trying group policy did most of the job. However, View is still there and
> ticking its Folders option will show things I need to hide.
>
> Any ideas are really appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Yahya

yba02

Re: Hiding menus and buttons
Hi,
Forgot to tell that Im using IE 6.
Also, running -k did not add much to the open explorer window.

Thanks
Yahya

"rob^_^" wrote:

> gpedit.msc > Administrative Templates> Windows Components>Internet
> Explorer - disable "Turn on menu bar by default"
>
> Make sure you are using the IE7 ADM files -
>

> Have you tried Kiosk mode? Launch IE with the Kiosk mode command parameter -
> iexplore.exe -k
>
> Regards.
>
> "yba02" <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Running XP Pro SP2.
> > I have a particular need to run IE in Explorer mode. For that, I need to
> > hide just everything in the top part, such as menu items, buttons, address
> > bar, etc. I want it a blank page with whatever content I will run it
> > with.
> > Trying group policy did most of the job. However, View is still there and
> > ticking its Folders option will show things I need to hide.
> >
> > Any ideas are really appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Yahya

yba02

Re: Hiding menus and buttons
Hi,
It seems I have not tried kiosk mode the right way. Kiosk mode seems to do
the job. However, I'm still having trouble with the Active Desktop and Web
Views in the left of the page (File and Folder Tasks, Other Places and
Details). I enabled the policy "Turn on classic shell" of Windows Explorer
policy setting, but it is still showing.
How to remove those options so that the user is left with only whatever
folder i will run the IE with?

Thanks
Yahya