Extra windows open in IE7

bajan5026

Extra windows open in IE7
I have reluctantly installed IE7. I had customized IE6 and had things located
in the places I wanted and I was satisfied.
Due to the increased security of IE7, I went to IE7. The install went
smoothly and everything seemed fine until I tried to access a site from my
favorites list using Start\Favorites.
Two windows are opening now. One of them appears to look like the new IE7
and the other appears to look like IE6.
When launched from the quickstart area IE loads fine (only one window opens)
How do I stop this behaviour?
I had Yahoo tool bar and some other BHOs running and I disabled them with
the reset feature in IE7.
I have gone so far as to uninstall all toolbars to make sure I had no other
interference.
Any solutions?
TIA

Re: Extra windows open in IE7
cf. http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37983
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

bajan5026 wrote:
> I have reluctantly installed IE7. I had customized IE6 and had things
> located in the places I wanted and I was satisfied.
> Due to the increased security of IE7, I went to IE7. The install went
> smoothly and everything seemed fine until I tried to access a site from my
> favorites list using Start\Favorites.
> Two windows are opening now. One of them appears to look like the new IE7
> and the other appears to look like IE6.
> When launched from the quickstart area IE loads fine (only one window
> opens)
> How do I stop this behaviour?
> I had Yahoo tool bar and some other BHOs running and I disabled them with
> the reset feature in IE7.
> I have gone so far as to uninstall all toolbars to make sure I had no
> other
> interference.
> Any solutions?
> TIA

VanguardLH

Re: Extra windows open in IE7
bajan5026 wrote:

> I have reluctantly installed IE7. I had customized IE6 and had things located
> in the places I wanted and I was satisfied.
> Due to the increased security of IE7, I went to IE7. The install went
> smoothly and everything seemed fine until I tried to access a site from my
> favorites list using Start\Favorites.
> Two windows are opening now. One of them appears to look like the new IE7
> and the other appears to look like IE6.
> When launched from the quickstart area IE loads fine (only one window opens)
> How do I stop this behaviour?
> I had Yahoo tool bar and some other BHOs running and I disabled them with
> the reset feature in IE7.
> I have gone so far as to uninstall all toolbars to make sure I had no other
> interference.
> Any solutions?
> TIA

"a site". Does that mean only one (or just some) sites behave this way?
Or do all favorites act this way?

If just one favorites shortcut behaves this way, look at the properties
of the shortcut. Maybe it loads a program (like a web browser
executable along with the URL as its parameter) rather than point at
just a URL.