Webites thinks my computer is a phone

Robert

Webites thinks my computer is a phone
When I try to go to NBC.com it redirects me to the mobile site m.nbc.com. How
do I get around this?

Had the same situation with Ebay. To get around this with ebay I linked in
through another site. Once I did this the eBay website functioned normally.
Tried this with NBC but it did not work.

Please help!!

Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Vista OS
All updates have been installed.

Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
How does the machine (wirelessly) connect to the internet?

Robert wrote:
> When I try to go to NBC.com it redirects me to the mobile site m.nbc.com.
> How do I get around this?
>
> Had the same situation with Ebay. To get around this with ebay I linked in
> through another site. Once I did this the eBay website functioned
> normally.
> Tried this with NBC but it did not work.
>
> Please help!!
>
> Version: 7.0.6001.18000
> Vista OS
> All updates have been installed.

Robert

Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
It does not connect wirelessly. The computer is hard wired straight to a
router.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does the machine (wirelessly) connect to the internet?
>
> Robert wrote:
> > When I try to go to NBC.com it redirects me to the mobile site m.nbc.com.
> > How do I get around this?
> >
> > Had the same situation with Ebay. To get around this with ebay I linked in
> > through another site. Once I did this the eBay website functioned
> > normally.
> > Tried this with NBC but it did not work.
> >
> > Please help!!
> >
> > Version: 7.0.6001.18000
> > Vista OS
> > All updates have been installed.

Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
[nbc.com should have rung a bell!]

Assuming it's a Tablet PC:

1. See this archived reply to a similar thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...71ea49e3?hl=en

2. See the Comments section of this page:
http://mustech.net/2008/04/10/an-int...and-tablet-pcs

3. Use http://www.nbci.com/ to reach the site.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robert wrote:
> It does not connect wirelessly. The computer is hard wired straight to a
> router.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> How does the machine (wirelessly) connect to the internet?
>>
>> Robert wrote:
>>> When I try to go to NBC.com it redirects me to the mobile site
>>> m.nbc.com.
>>> How do I get around this?
>>>
>>> Had the same situation with Ebay. To get around this with ebay I linked
>>> in
>>> through another site. Once I did this the eBay website functioned
>>> normally.
>>> Tried this with NBC but it did not work.
>>>
>>> Please help!!
>>>
>>> Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>>> Vista OS
>>> All updates have been installed.

Robert

Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
Well, thats stupid! :-)

Thanks for the help! It worked. BTW I dont have a tablet PC. I have custom
built desktop. I wonder if it is because of MS One Note? The free style pen
function is enabled. Seem to remember NBC.com working before installing
ON2007.

Thanks again!
Robert

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [nbc.com should have rung a bell!]
>
> Assuming it's a Tablet PC:
>
> 1. See this archived reply to a similar thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...71ea49e3?hl=en
>
> 2. See the Comments section of this page:
> http://mustech.net/2008/04/10/an-int...and-tablet-pcs
>
> 3. Use http://www.nbci.com/ to reach the site.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Robert wrote:
> > It does not connect wirelessly. The computer is hard wired straight to a
> > router.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> How does the machine (wirelessly) connect to the internet?

Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
> I wonder if it is because of MS One Note?

I expect that is indeed the reason, Robert. Thanks for adding to our own
li'l knowledge base here with your reply!

YW & thanks very much for your feedback.

Robert wrote:
> Well, thats stupid! :-)
>
> Thanks for the help! It worked. BTW I dont have a tablet PC. I have custom
> built desktop. I wonder if it is because of MS One Note? The free style
> pen
> function is enabled. Seem to remember NBC.com working before installing
> ON2007.
>
> Thanks again!
> Robert
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> [nbc.com should have rung a bell!]
>>
>> Assuming it's a Tablet PC:
>>
>> 1. See this archived reply to a similar thread:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...71ea49e3?hl=en
>>
>> 2. See the Comments section of this page:
>> http://mustech.net/2008/04/10/an-int...and-tablet-pcs
>>
>> 3. Use http://www.nbci.com/ to reach the site.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Robert wrote:
>>> It does not connect wirelessly. The computer is hard wired straight to a
>>> router.

joshsuperk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Webites thinks my computer is a phone
Hello, I have the same problem, not with nbc.com, but with ebay.com and blackberry.com, both come up as mobile pages. I followed the recommended solution by going to regedit, but there is no Tablet PC 2.0 in that area of my registry, so there was nothing to delete. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cleaned my IE files and my registry, did not fix the problem. I have a Windows Vista 64-bit OS, completely up to date with updates. Thank you, Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post