can't view graphics in ie7

Kelly

can't view graphics in ie7
When I go to certain web pages, instead of seeing their graphics display, all
I see is an outline with a red x boxed in the top left hand corner. Can
someone please tell me what I need to change in order to see these graphics?
Thanks
Kelly
Don Varnau

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
Which version of Internet Explorer?

At any rate...
First clear the Temporary Internet Files

Then, take a close look at any security software you have installed which
has an ad-blocking feature. It's possible these images are being blocked
because they have some characteristics of ads.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to certain web pages, instead of seeing their graphics display,

all
> I see is an outline with a red x boxed in the top left hand corner. Can
> someone please tell me what I need to change in order to see these

graphics?
> Thanks
> Kelly

Kelly

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
Thanks, Don, for the very quick response!
I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Internet Explorer 7
I regularly clean out my internet temp files and I don't have any security
software on my computer, as it conflicts with my at&t broadband. It wasn't
until I got this new computer with Vista that the graphics at this website
won't apear.
Thanks
Kelly

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> Which version of Internet Explorer?
>
> At any rate...
> First clear the Temporary Internet Files
>
> Then, take a close look at any security software you have installed which
> has an ad-blocking feature. It's possible these images are being blocked
> because they have some characteristics of ads.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I go to certain web pages, instead of seeing their graphics display,

> all
> > I see is an outline with a red x boxed in the top left hand corner. Can
> > someone please tell me what I need to change in order to see these

> graphics?
> > Thanks
> > Kelly

Kayman

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:14:00 -0800, Kelly wrote:

> Thanks, Don,

I am not Don, but your response is intriguing

> for the very quick response!
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> Internet Explorer 7
> I regularly clean out my internet temp files...

Okay, care to tell us how?

> and I don't have any security software on my computer, as it conflicts
> with my at&t broadband.

Now, this should not happen! Are you implying that you're unable to
download/install an Anti-Virus application and can not utilize Vista's
in-build firewall and Windows defender?

> It wasn't until I got this new computer with Vista that the graphics at
> this website won't apear.

On which operating system have been operating prior Vista?
Kelly

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
The clear out the temp internet files, I go to the control bar, internet
options and under browsing history, I remove everything but the passwords. I
don't have an anti-virus software installed because it is part of the at&t
package and I don't need anyhing else.
I used to operate on Windows XP.
I can't possibly be the only person experiencing this ... I just thought all
I had to do was change/correct something in my windows option.
Thanks
Kelly

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:14:00 -0800, Kelly wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Don,

> I am not Don, but your response is intriguing
>
> > for the very quick response!
> > I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> > Internet Explorer 7
> > I regularly clean out my internet temp files...

> Okay, care to tell us how?
>
> > and I don't have any security software on my computer, as it conflicts
> > with my at&t broadband.

> Now, this should not happen! Are you implying that you're unable to
> download/install an Anti-Virus application and can not utilize Vista's
> in-build firewall and Windows defender?
>
> > It wasn't until I got this new computer with Vista that the graphics at
> > this website won't apear.

> On which operating system have been operating prior Vista?

Don Varnau

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
Hi,
Is the issue consistent? Are the same images missing from the same sites
every time?

Can you post a couple of links to problem pages?

Are Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall enabled? They're much less
likely to cause this problem than the programs provided by ATT.

Does the problem persist if you disable the ATT security programs?

> Thanks, Don, for the very quick response!
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> Internet Explorer 7
> I regularly clean out my internet temp files and I don't have any security
> software on my computer, as it conflicts with my at&t broadband. It

wasn't
> until I got this new computer with Vista that the graphics at this website
> won't apear.
> Thanks
> Kelly

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> > Which version of Internet Explorer?
> >
> > At any rate...
> > First clear the Temporary Internet Files
> >
> > Then, take a close look at any security software you have installed

which
> > has an ad-blocking feature. It's possible these images are being blocked
> > because they have some characteristics of ads.
> >

> > "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I go to certain web pages, instead of seeing their graphics

display,
> > all
> > > I see is an outline with a red x boxed in the top left hand corner.

Can
> > > someone please tell me what I need to change in order to see these

> > graphics?
> > > Thanks
> > > Kelly

Kayman

Re: can't view graphics in ie7
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:56:00 -0800, Kelly wrote:

> The clear out the temp internet files, I go to the control bar, internet
> options and under browsing history, I remove everything but the passwords. I
> don't have an anti-virus software installed because it is part of the at&t
> package and I don't need anyhing else.
> I used to operate on Windows XP.
> I can't possibly be the only person experiencing this ... I just thought all
> I had to do was change/correct something in my windows option.

Ah, now I understand. AT&T have provided you with a broadband connection
and have included in the deal some kind of a security suite as well.

Well, I'd say that the AT&T security suite may be the culprit as it may not
be compatible with your operating system. Follow the suggestion as posted
by Don Varnau and see how you go.