Runonce on IE7 for computer dummy

Beth the RN

Runonce on IE7 for computer dummy
Preface this with I need a KISS answer because I am not sure what I am doing...
Just purchased a laptop with IE7 and when I click on the IE icon, the window
pops up to the "Customize your settings" but it keeps flashing back and forth
and trying to work - the screen never actually pops up.

The address @ the top flips b/w http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx and
http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75.

At the bottom of the window, it alternates b/w "Waiting for
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx" and "Done"

I have tried the remedies my friends suggested, without success. Please
help (in the form of a pushbutton answer would be nice...thx)

Don Varnau

Re: Runonce on IE7 for computer dummy
Hi,
Not sure what your friends suggested, but...
See "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead
of your homepage" at
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
and/or
945385- A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385/en-us

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Beth the RN" <Beth the RN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Preface this with I need a KISS answer because I am not sure what I am

doing...
> Just purchased a laptop with IE7 and when I click on the IE icon, the

window
> pops up to the "Customize your settings" but it keeps flashing back and

forth
> and trying to work - the screen never actually pops up.
>
> The address @ the top flips b/w http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx and
> http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75.
>
> At the bottom of the window, it alternates b/w "Waiting for
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx" and "Done"
>
> I have tried the remedies my friends suggested, without success. Please
> help (in the form of a pushbutton answer would be nice...thx)

Steve

RE: Runonce on IE7 for computer dummy
I was just going to add a "ditto" to this problem. We've just
started having the exact same issue.

I will also add that starting about 01/04/2009, we started
having various issuses with Windows XP/IE 7 on 3 different
machines, which are NOT networked and don't share files.

....don't know what the heck is going on but something is!

Steve

"Beth the RN" wrote:

> Preface this with I need a KISS answer because I am not sure what I am doing...
> Just purchased a laptop with IE7 and when I click on the IE icon, the window
> pops up to the "Customize your settings" but it keeps flashing back and forth
> and trying to work - the screen never actually pops up.
>
> The address @ the top flips b/w http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx and
> http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75.
>
> At the bottom of the window, it alternates b/w "Waiting for
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx" and "Done"
>
> I have tried the remedies my friends suggested, without success. Please
> help (in the form of a pushbutton answer would be nice...thx)

Re: Runonce on IE7 for computer dummy
A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7
[ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...every-startup/

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net