IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files

AF_Miami

IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files

My IE 7 Fails to respond after I download a PDF file . Usually the first
download is OK, but on any subsequent download IE7 fails to respond when I
try to close the window where the PDF is being viewed. Then I get a message
box saying program not responding do you want to end now? Any ideas or
suggestions?

Re: IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files
posting to this newsgroup.

In this case, also state your default PDF reader & version.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

AF_Miami wrote:
> My IE 7 Fails to respond after I download a PDF file . Usually the first
> download is OK, but on any subsequent download IE7 fails to respond when I
> try to close the window where the PDF is being viewed. Then I get a
> message box saying program not responding do you want to end now? Any
> ideas or suggestions?

General Mailbox

"AF_Miami" <AF_Miami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news17B2A8A-4BE8-43D7-836D-62701DB3ADEF@microsoft.com...

> My IE 7 Fails to respond after I download a PDF file . Usually the first
> download is OK, but on any subsequent download IE7 fails to respond when I
> try to close the window where the PDF is being viewed. Then I get a
> message
> box saying program not responding do you want to end now? Any ideas or
> suggestions?

How large is the pdf file that causes the freeze up, or does it do it with
small file sizes?
Are you running out of virtual memory? Perhaps loading too many programs
simultaneously?
Just a thought. I do not know about Vista, but can tell you where to set
virtual memory in WinXP.
B.rgds,
Kevin

AF_Miami

RE: IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files

I am running Windows XP Professional SP2, I have 760MB RAM and 300MB Ram
available. Running Adobe Acrobat Reader V. 5 and this has started to happen
on small or large files. Usually the first PDF read can be closed w/out a
problem but any subsequent openings and closings will cause IE to not
respond.

"AF_Miami" wrote:

> My IE 7 Fails to respond after I download a PDF file . Usually the first
> download is OK, but on any subsequent download IE7 fails to respond when I
> try to close the window where the PDF is being viewed. Then I get a message
> box saying program not responding do you want to end now? Any ideas or
> suggestions?

williamtell

RE: IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files
download and install Adobe Reader V.9
--
WT

"AF_Miami" wrote:

> I am running Windows XP Professional SP2, I have 760MB RAM and 300MB Ram
> available. Running Adobe Acrobat Reader V. 5 and this has started to happen
> on small or large files. Usually the first PDF read can be closed w/out a
> problem but any subsequent openings and closings will cause IE to not
> respond.
>

> "AF_Miami" wrote:
>

> > My IE 7 Fails to respond after I download a PDF file . Usually the first
> > download is OK, but on any subsequent download IE7 fails to respond when I
> > try to close the window where the PDF is being viewed. Then I get a message
> > box saying program not responding do you want to end now? Any ideas or
> > suggestions?

Re: IE 7 not responding after clicking out of PDF files
1. Uninstall Reader v5 via Add/Remove Programs.

2. Install Reader v9
(http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe)
or Foxit Reader (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php) and see if
the behavior persists.