post removal?

Mark

post removal?
Hi...

I've been trying to post a question about an intermittent problem we're
having with IE7 and session cookies. I've tried posting it 4 times but the
post never seems to show up.

After the last attempt, I did a page refresh and saw it on the list but when
I did another refresh 5 minutes later, it had vanished.

I've never seen any errors in the posting; the post just disappears. Are
there some kind of filters that delete posts after the fact based on some
filtering criteria?

Thanks
Mark

Gordon

Re: post removal?
"Mark" <mmodrall@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi...
>
> I've been trying to post a question about an intermittent problem we're
> having with IE7 and session cookies. I've tried posting it 4 times but
> the
> post never seems to show up.
>
> After the last attempt, I did a page refresh and saw it on the list but
> when
> I did another refresh 5 minutes later, it had vanished.
>
> I've never seen any errors in the posting; the post just disappears. Are
> there some kind of filters that delete posts after the fact based on some
> filtering criteria?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: post removal?
Your "session cookies" post made it to Google Groups
(http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d5ac13763ee4a9)
but not the MS newsserver, apparently. Try using a newsreader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mi...-windows-mail/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mark wrote:
> I've been trying to post a question about an intermittent problem we're
> having with IE7 and session cookies. I've tried posting it 4 times but
> the
> post never seems to show up.
>
> After the last attempt, I did a page refresh and saw it on the list but
> when
> I did another refresh 5 minutes later, it had vanished.
>
> I've never seen any errors in the posting; the post just disappears. Are
> there some kind of filters that delete posts after the fact based on some
> filtering criteria?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Mark

Re: post removal?
The web interface has never been great but I've never seen it as bad as this
last week.

The odd thing is that I did see that post that made it into dejanews pop up
on the web interface the first time I refreshed, but then it disappeared.
Seems like there's some kind of filter running at MS that deletes posts it
doesn't like, though what it doesn't like I don't know.

My company uses Exchange and the full Outlook client, so they removed
Outlook Express from our system. I've been poking around for free usenet
clients and a number of the better reviewed seem to have gone from free to
pay lately.

Toying with the idea of getting Opera for the usenet client

Thanks
Mark