Windows XP or Vista?
1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files
2. In Internet Options> Advanced> Multimedia, uncheck "Enable automatic
image resizing" if it's checked.
2. Are you running a download accelerator/web accelerator, probably provided
by your ISP? AOL, NetZero, Earthlink and others make these available to
dial-up customers. They degrade image quality as a side effect. Check the
System Tray/Notification Area and Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) to see if
an accelerator program is running.
Sign-in problems (check after each step)
1. Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies from
Internet Options> General> Browsing History> Delete> (next screen) etc.
2. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
3. From Internet Options> Privacy, try a setting of Low or Accept all or
place the troublesome sites in the list as "Allow."
4. Take a close look at any third-party security/privacy programs that are
running. See if a cookie manager/cookie blocker/privacy feature has been
turned on. CCleaner installed? Disable its cookie manager.
Hope this helps,
[MS MVP- IE]
"GetPaulHoward" <GetPaulHoward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PLEASE HELP!
> I am having problems with a couple of sites I use regularly and have in
> past been able to sign in to. Now, using Internet Explorer 7, I can't get
> signed in. Each time I enter my username and password it just returns me
> the sign in page as if nothing has happened. I can get signed in using
> browsers like Safari.
> Additionally, images on some sites look "wrong" it's as if certain
> on certain sites are "blurry"
> PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER!
> Thank you!!!