Not receiving a newsletter

rgcviper

Not receiving a newsletter
I am not receiving an e-mail newsletter that I had been getting for several
years. It's not in my junk folder, and the sender has confirmed it's going
out each day. I've contacted my computer manufacturer and numerous other
sources for support, but no one has been able to help me. I'd appreciate any
advice.

Thanks.

Russell Conover
Gordon

Re: Not receiving a newsletter
"rgcviper" <rgcviper@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>I am not receiving an e-mail newsletter that I had been getting for several
> years. It's not in my junk folder, and the sender has confirmed it's
> going
> out each day. I've contacted my computer manufacturer and numerous other
> sources for support, but no one has been able to help me. I'd appreciate
> any
> advice.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Russell Conover

Internet Explorer doesn't have a junk folder, neither is it an email client.
You need to post in a group that supports your particular email client...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

rgcviper

Not receiving a newsletter

--

I am aware that I.E. is not an e-mail client. However, I was instructed by
the manufacturer of my computer to contact my Web service provider since I

> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "rgcviper" <rgcviper@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>> >I am not receiving an e-mail newsletter that I had been getting for
>> >several
>> > years. It's not in my junk folder, and the sender has confirmed it's
>> > going
>> > out each day. I've contacted my computer manufacturer and numerous
>> > other
>> > sources for support, but no one has been able to help me. I'd
>> > appreciate
>> > any
>> > advice.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Russell Conover

>> Internet Explorer doesn't have a junk folder, neither is it an email
>> client.
>> You need to post in a group that supports your particular email client...
>>
>> --
>> Asking a question?
>> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
>> your OS, Service Pack level
>> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
>>

> --
>
> I am aware that I.E. is not an e-mail client. However, I was instructed
> by
> the manufacturer of my computer to contact my Web service provider since I
> already have contacted my e-mail provider. (They were unable to help me.)
> Can this discussion board help me? If not, who else might I contact?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Russell Conover

So HOW are you receiving email? Via a web browser like Yahoo or GMail, or
via an Email client like Outlook or Thunderbird? Either way, it's nothing to
do with Internet explorer...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Leonard Grey

Re: Not receiving a newsletter
Internet Explorer is not your "Web service provider", otherwise known as
an Internet Service Provider or ISP. Your ISP is the company that
connects you to the internet.

You still haven't told us what program you use to receive email. Typical
choices include Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook.

Have you installed a spam filter, perhaps as part of your security suite?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

rgcviper wrote:
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "rgcviper" <rgcviper@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>>> I am not receiving an e-mail newsletter that I had been getting for several
>>> years. It's not in my junk folder, and the sender has confirmed it's
>>> going
>>> out each day. I've contacted my computer manufacturer and numerous other
>>> sources for support, but no one has been able to help me. I'd appreciate
>>> any
>>> advice.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Russell Conover

>> Internet Explorer doesn't have a junk folder, neither is it an email client.
>> You need to post in a group that supports your particular email client...
>>
>> --
>> Asking a question?
>> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
>> your OS, Service Pack level
>> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
>>

> --
>
> I am aware that I.E. is not an e-mail client. However, I was instructed by
> the manufacturer of my computer to contact my Web service provider since I
> already have contacted my e-mail provider. (They were unable to help me.)
> Can this discussion board help me? If not, who else might I contact?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Russell Conover

Re: Not receiving a newsletter
Probably has nothing to do with IE, Russ, and everything to do with your
Hotmail Junk Mail settings (and possibly Hotmail's server-side filters).

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/...708!5828.entry

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/