Internet explorer 7

shadowhawk1969

Internet explorer 7
I want to know how to unistall IE7. It has been the source of multiple
problems in my computer. I have shut it down as far as the system will let
me. It got to the point it was crashing up to 25 times a day, and every time
it went down it took out critical pieces of/or entire programs. I tried the
IE8 beta but there was a conflict with my Mcafee programs. I want to
uninstall it and install IE6, I have windows vista premium. It also regularly
changes the settings in my computer. I do not need a program that does these
kind of things.

Gordon

Re: Internet explorer 7
"shadowhawk1969" <shadowhawk1969@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know how to unistall IE7. It has been the source of multiple
> problems in my computer. I have shut it down as far as the system will let
> me. It got to the point it was crashing up to 25 times a day, and every
> time
> it went down it took out critical pieces of/or entire programs. I tried
> the
> IE8 beta but there was a conflict with my Mcafee programs. I want to
> uninstall it and install IE6, I have windows vista premium. It also
> regularly
> changes the settings in my computer. I do not need a program that does
> these
> kind of things.

You cannot uninstall IE7 in Vista.
Have you tried all the normal troubleshooting procedures such as starting
IE7 in "no-addins" mode? (It's usually an add-in that causes trouble like
this)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

shadowhawk1969

Re: Internet explorer 7

> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "shadowhawk1969" <shadowhawk1969@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I want to know how to unistall IE7. It has been the source of multiple
>> > problems in my computer. I have shut it down as far as the system will
>> > let
>> > me. It got to the point it was crashing up to 25 times a day, and every
>> > time
>> > it went down it took out critical pieces of/or entire programs. I tried
>> > the
>> > IE8 beta but there was a conflict with my Mcafee programs. I want to
>> > uninstall it and install IE6, I have windows vista premium. It also
>> > regularly
>> > changes the settings in my computer. I do not need a program that does
>> > these
>> > kind of things.
>> >

>> You cannot uninstall IE7 in Vista.
>> Have you tried all the normal troubleshooting procedures such as starting
>> IE7 in "no-addins" mode? (It's usually an add-in that causes trouble like
>> this)
>>

> I have windows vista premium with sp1 on an hp9100, I cannot give you the
> contents of all of the error messages. It took me over 30 min to upload
> all of the error messages and details to microsoft on thursday.

I didn't ask you about error messages - I asked you if you'd tried starting
IE in no-addins mode.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: Internet explorer 7
You cannot uninstall/reinstall IE7 in Vista...nor would doing so help.
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

shadowhawk1969 wrote:
> I want to know how to unistall IE7. It has been the source of multiple
> problems in my computer. I have shut it down as far as the system will let
> me. It got to the point it was crashing up to 25 times a day, and every
> time
> it went down it took out critical pieces of/or entire programs. I tried
> the
> IE8 beta but there was a conflict with my Mcafee programs. I want to
> uninstall it and install IE6, I have windows vista premium. It also
> regularly changes the settings in my computer. I do not need a program
> that
> does these kind of things.

shadowhawk1969

Re: Internet explorer 7
yes I did, and it slowed it down for a couple of hours