I have tried everything with no relief

frustratedwithvista

I have tried everything with no relief
Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an error and
it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting for it
and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am in the
middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever close a web
browser if I am working on two different ones.
I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can email
me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com
Steve Hebert

Re: I have tried everything with no relief
That sort of condition tends to be connected with a buggy add-on (malware or
not). Does this behavior happen if you run Internet Explorer in no-add ons
mode?

"frustratedwithvista" <frustratedwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:25F91B9F-0A74-41AB-81C3-D873C91F0CAE@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an error
> and
> it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting for it
> and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am in
> the
> middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever close a
> web
> browser if I am working on two different ones.
> I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can
> email
> me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com

frustratedwithvista

Re: I have tried everything with no relief
yes it still did it when I turned off all my add ons. That was part of the
troubleshooting steps and it didn't help either. Is there another place to
look?

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> That sort of condition tends to be connected with a buggy add-on (malware or
> not). Does this behavior happen if you run Internet Explorer in no-add ons
> mode?
>

> "frustratedwithvista" <frustratedwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:25F91B9F-0A74-41AB-81C3-D873C91F0CAE@microsoft.com...
> > Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an error
> > and
> > it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting for it
> > and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am in
> > the
> > middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever close a
> > web
> > browser if I am working on two different ones.
> > I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can
> > email
> > me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com

Steve Hebert

Re: I have tried everything with no relief
Sounds like Reset time....
Internet Options, Advanced tab, Reset button.

"frustratedwithvista" <frustratedwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:AC4DAB04-8BDA-440E-A60F-B60276658B37@microsoft.com...
> yes it still did it when I turned off all my add ons. That was part of the
> troubleshooting steps and it didn't help either. Is there another place to
> look?
>
> "Steve Hebert" wrote:
>
>> That sort of condition tends to be connected with a buggy add-on (malware
>> or
>> not). Does this behavior happen if you run Internet Explorer in no-add
>> ons
>> mode?
>>

>> "frustratedwithvista" <frustratedwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:25F91B9F-0A74-41AB-81C3-D873C91F0CAE@microsoft.com...
>> > Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an
>> > error
>> > and
>> > it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting for
>> > it
>> > and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am
>> > in
>> > the
>> > middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever close
>> > web
>> > browser if I am working on two different ones.
>> > I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can
>> > email
>> > me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com

Re: I have tried everything with no relief
If you've tried everything, what's left for anyone here to suggest?

frustratedwithvista wrote:
> Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an error
> and it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting
> for
> it and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am
> in the middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever
> close a web browser if I am working on two different ones.
> I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can
> email
> me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com

John K.Eason

Re: I have tried everything with no relief
> *From:* "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
>
> If you've tried everything, what's left for anyone here to suggest?

Senna pods? :^)

Regards
John (john@jeasonNoSpam.cix.co.uk) Remove the obvious to reply...
Kayman

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:45:01 -0800, frustratedwithvista wrote:

> Everytime I close a web browser I get a message saying There was an error and
> it needs to restart itself. I had been through the trouble shooting for it
> and it didn't fix it. I have done complete windows vista scan and I am in the
> middle of another. Is there something else I can do? I can't ever close a web
> browser if I am working on two different ones.
> I'm not sure I can find this board again if you have the cure you can email
> me Keri_L1979@yahoo.com

1.Clear the (IE) temporary Internet files and the history cache.
Click 'Start' and then click 'Run'... then type (or copy/paste)
"inetcpl.cpl" (w/out quotation marks) into the box, then click the 'OK'
button.
In Internet Properties panel 'General' tab, under 'Browsing history', click
'Delete...'button, in 'Delete Browsing History' panel, click the 'Delete
all...' button then place a checkmark into the box beside 'Also delete
files and settings stored by add-ons', Click 'Yes' and exit the Internet
Properties panel by clicking the 'OK' button.

2.Clean HDD
Delete files using Disk Cleanup (if on Vista)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...139d91033.mspx

3.Download/execute:
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
--and--
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

4.Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.

5.Routinely practice Safe-Hex.
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

Additional references:
How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Read: "What you must know"
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and
Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

CCleaner - Free
Cleans temporary internet files, cookies, history, recent urls, application
MRUs, etc. ...
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, under Utilities uncheck
"Windows Defender" (so it won't delete the history of WD).
If you wish, click 'Options' button the 'Settings' [check] 'Run CCleaner
when the computer starts'.
Setup CCleaner to Automatically Run Each Night in Vista or XP
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...n-vista-or-xp/

Good luck