Bowser not reconized

Joe Mesot

Bowser not reconized
Hi, I have read and red all of the suggestions mentioned here, but i am still
having a smilar problem.

I am tryng to log into my account at www.12-sky.aeriagames.com. I have had
this account since September of 2008 and had no problems logging in until the
middle of October. I downloaded Google Chrome and tied to log in to the
website, that is when I first received the following error message from the
website (not a windows error message): "Your browser is not recognized.
Please use a popularly supported browser such as Internet Explorer of
FireFox."

I went back to the site using IE 7, and received he same message. Eventually
I performed a complete system recovery (recovered to the original factory
settings), yet this did not solve the problem. To this day I still receive
the same message. I have contacted Aeria Games tech suport, and he only
advice they have given so far (in 3 months) is to "not accept any cookies".
This didn't work either.

I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to the
account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my sister can
log in with my username and password from her computer in New Jersey. I have
contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he User Agent,
Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem is on Aeria's
end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is (IE7, & 8 beta, Opera,
FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the same message.

Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.
Frustrated and confused,
Joe.
N. Miller

Re: Bowser not reconized

http://www.12-sky.aeriagames.com/ gives me a "404 - Not Found" error.

Why not start with http://www.aeriagames.com/ and navigate the pages?

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
Don Varnau

Re: Bowser not reconized
Hi,
Does this page http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx show the correct User
Agent info?

How about this one? http://browserspy.dk/headers.php

Post the User Agent info from one of those sites.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Joe Mesot" <Joe Mesot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have read and red all of the suggestions mentioned here, but i am

still
> having a smilar problem.
>
> I am tryng to log into my account at www.12-sky.aeriagames.com. I have had
> this account since September of 2008 and had no problems logging in until

the
> middle of October. I downloaded Google Chrome and tied to log in to the
> website, that is when I first received the following error message from

the
> website (not a windows error message): "Your browser is not recognized.
> Please use a popularly supported browser such as Internet Explorer of
> FireFox."
>
> I went back to the site using IE 7, and received he same message.

Eventually
> I performed a complete system recovery (recovered to the original factory
> settings), yet this did not solve the problem. To this day I still receive
> the same message. I have contacted Aeria Games tech suport, and he only
> advice they have given so far (in 3 months) is to "not accept any

cookies".
> This didn't work either.
>
> I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to the
> account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my sister

can
> log in with my username and password from her computer in New Jersey. I

have
> contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he User Agent,
> Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem is on Aeria's
> end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is (IE7, & 8 beta,

Opera,
> FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the same message.
>
> Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.
> Frustrated and confused,
> Joe.

Joe Mesot

Re: Bowser not reconized
Norman,

Sorry, I do apologize, it's http://12-sky.aeriagames.com. No www. Either
way, I am still unable to log in to the site and access my account.

Joe.

"N. Miller" wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 04:30:01 -0800, Joe Mesot wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have read and red all of the suggestions mentioned here, but i am still
> > having a smilar problem.
> >
> > I am tryng to log into my account at www.12-sky.aeriagames.com. I have had
> > this account since September of 2008 and had no problems logging in until the
> > middle of October. I downloaded Google Chrome and tied to log in to the
> > website, that is when I first received the following error message from the
> > website (not a windows error message): "Your browser is not recognized.
> > Please use a popularly supported browser such as Internet Explorer of
> > FireFox."
> >
> > I went back to the site using IE 7, and received he same message. Eventually
> > I performed a complete system recovery (recovered to the original factory
> > settings), yet this did not solve the problem. To this day I still receive
> > the same message. I have contacted Aeria Games tech suport, and he only
> > advice they have given so far (in 3 months) is to "not accept any cookies".
> > This didn't work either.
> >
> > I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to the
> > account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my sister can
> > log in with my username and password from her computer in New Jersey. I have
> > contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he User Agent,
> > Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem is on Aeria's
> > end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is (IE7, & 8 beta, Opera,
> > FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the same message.
> >
> > Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.
> > Frustrated and confused,

> http://www.12-sky.aeriagames.com/ gives me a "404 - Not Found" error.
>
> | 01/10/09 05:56:34 Browsing http://www.12-sky.aeriagames.com/
> | Fetching http://www.12-sky.aeriagames.com/ ...
> | GET / HTTP/1.1
> | Host: www.12-sky.aeriagames.com
> | Connection: close
> |
> | HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> | Connection: close
> | Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:56:32 GMT
> | Server: Aeria Games & Entertainment
>
> Why not start with http://www.aeriagames.com/ and navigate the pages?
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Shine, bright morning light,
> ~now in the air the spring is coming.
> ~Sweet, blowing wind,
> ~singing down the hills and valleys.

Joe Mesot

Re: Bowser not reconized
From fiddlertool I get the following:

Your browser sent the following headers:
Connection: Keep-AliveAccept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.fiddlertool.comReferer:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...-usUser-Agent:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR
2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.1)UA-CPU: x86
ASPNET's HTTPBrowserCapabilities object reports that, based on the
User-Agent, your Browser has the following capabilities:

Type = IE7
Name = IE
Version = 7.0
Major Version = 7
Minor Version = 0
Platform = WinNT
Is Beta = False
Is Crawler = False
Is AOL = False
Is Win16 = False
Is Win32 = True
Supports Frames = True
Supports Tables = True
Supports Cookies = True
Supports VBScript = True
Supports JavaScript = True
Supports Java Applets = True
Supports ActiveX Controls = True

Conditional comments report that you are using Internet Explorer 7.0.

Looks ok to me. But I am not 100% sure what all I am looking at.

Joe.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Does this page http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx show the correct User
> Agent info?
>
> How about this one? http://browserspy.dk/headers.php
>
> Post the User Agent info from one of those sites.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Joe Mesot" <Joe Mesot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have read and red all of the suggestions mentioned here, but i am

> still
> > having a smilar problem.
> >
> > I am tryng to log into my account at www.12-sky.aeriagames.com. I have had
> > this account since September of 2008 and had no problems logging in until

> the
> > middle of October. I downloaded Google Chrome and tied to log in to the
> > website, that is when I first received the following error message from

> the
> > website (not a windows error message): "Your browser is not recognized.
> > Please use a popularly supported browser such as Internet Explorer of
> > FireFox."
> >
> > I went back to the site using IE 7, and received he same message.

> Eventually
> > I performed a complete system recovery (recovered to the original factory
> > settings), yet this did not solve the problem. To this day I still receive
> > the same message. I have contacted Aeria Games tech suport, and he only
> > advice they have given so far (in 3 months) is to "not accept any

> cookies".
> > This didn't work either.
> >
> > I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to the
> > account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my sister

> can
> > log in with my username and password from her computer in New Jersey. I

> have
> > contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he User Agent,
> > Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem is on Aeria's
> > end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is (IE7, & 8 beta,

> Opera,
> > FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the same message.
> >
> > Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.
> > Frustrated and confused,
> > Joe.

Re: Bowser not reconized
May we assume you're running Vista x64 (SP1), Joe?

>>> ...Checked he
>>> User Agent, Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem
>>> is on Aeria's end.

Maybe not.

1. Make certain that the Windows Firewall is enabled!

2. Save this download the Norton Removal Tool to your desktop:

3. Right-click on the Saved file & select "Run as Administrator" to run the
tool.

4. Reboot twice.

5a. Does the behavior persist?

5b. What anti-virus application is installed now that you've removed NAV?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Joe Mesot wrote:
> [...]
>>> day I still receive the same message. I have contacted Aeria Games tech
>>> suport, and he only advice they have given so far (in 3 months) is to
>>> "not accept any cookies". This didn't work either.
>>>
>>> I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to the
>>> account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my
>>> sister
>>> can log in with my username and password from her computer in New
>>> Jersey.
>>> I have contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he
>>> User Agent, Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem
>>> is on Aeria's end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is
>>> (IE7, & 8 beta, Opera, FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the
>>> same message.
>>>
>>> Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.

Joe Mesot

Re: Bowser not reconized
Yes I am using Windows Vista (x64) SP1

1. Windows Firewall is enabled.

2. Downloaded, Saved, Ran. Rebooted twice. Problem still persits.

5b. None. NAV was all I had. Will reinstall eventually. Trust me I am well
aware of the security issues (Thanks dad... lol )

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> May we assume you're running Vista x64 (SP1), Joe?

> Maybe not.
>
> 1. Make certain that the Windows Firewall is enabled!
>
> 2. Save this download the Norton Removal Tool to your desktop:
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
>
> 3. Right-click on the Saved file & select "Run as Administrator" to run the
> tool.
>
> 4. Reboot twice.
>
> 5a. Does the behavior persist?
>
> 5b. What anti-virus application is installed now that you've removed NAV?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Joe Mesot wrote:
> > From fiddlertool I get the following:
> >
> > Your browser sent the following headers:
> > Connection: Keep-AliveAccept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
> > deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.fiddlertool.comReferer:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...-usUser-Agent:
> > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR
> > 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.1)UA-CPU: x86
> > ASPNET's HTTPBrowserCapabilities object reports that, based on the
> > User-Agent, your Browser has the following capabilities:
> >
> > Type = IE7
> > Name = IE
> > Version = 7.0
> > Major Version = 7
> > Minor Version = 0
> > Platform = WinNT
> > Is Beta = False
> > Is Crawler = False
> > Is AOL = False
> > Is Win16 = False
> > Is Win32 = True
> > Supports Frames = True
> > Supports Tables = True
> > Supports Cookies = True
> > Supports VBScript = True
> > Supports JavaScript = True
> > Supports Java Applets = True
> > Supports ActiveX Controls = True

> > Conditional comments report that you are using Internet Explorer 7.0.
> >
> > Looks ok to me. But I am not 100% sure what all I am looking at.
> >
> > Joe.
> >

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Does this page http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx show the correct User
> >> Agent info?
> >>
> >> How about this one? http://browserspy.dk/headers.php
> >>
> >> Post the User Agent info from one of those sites.
> >>
> >> Don
> >> [MS MVP- IE]

Don Varnau

Re: Bowser not reconized
Hi,
Your user agent string looks OK to me also, but just to resolve issues with
this one site, you might run one or more of the scripts at
http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx I'd first try IE7 on Vista, then IE6 on
XP. You can use the UNDO script to put the user agent string back to its
previous state.

------
> [...]

> > cookies".
> > > This didn't work either.
> > >
> > > I now longer play the game, but I do have a credit card attatchd to

the
> > > account, which is what I want to remove. I live in Virginia and my

sister
> > can
> > > log in with my username and password from her computer in New Jersey.

> > have
> > > contacted my ISP and they are pretty much clueless. Checked he User

Agent,
> > > Uninstalled NIS, and at this point I am assuming the problem is on

Aeria's
> > > end. Tried just about every "popular" browser there is (IE7, & 8 beta,

> > Opera,
> > > FireFox, Safari, and Chrome), yet I still get the same message.
> > >
> > > Any idea or assistance that anyone can offer would be apprciated.

N. Miller

Re: Bowser not reconized
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:23:01 -0800, Joe Mesot wrote:

> Sorry, I do apologize, it's http://12-sky.aeriagames.com. No www. Either
> way, I am still unable to log in to the site and access my account.

Ah. That does make a difference. Using your edited link, and my "Last Chaos"
UserName+Password, I can log in on that site. But I have Windows XP MCE
2005; SP3. Don't have a Vista computer.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~now in the air the spring is coming.
~Sweet, blowing wind,
~singing down the hills and valleys.

Re: Bowser not reconized
Were all NIS components running in the background when you installed SP1
(assuming it didn't come preinstalled when you bought the machine)?

Assuming you installed SP1, did you install it via Windows Update or
manually, Joe?

PS: I'd recommend that you do NOT reinstall NIS just yet but install this
free AV app for the time being instead:
http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1...tivirus.ht ml
--
~PA Bear

Joe Mesot wrote:
> Yes I am using Windows Vista (x64) SP1
>
> 1. Windows Firewall is enabled.
>
> 2. Downloaded, Saved, Ran. Rebooted twice. Problem still persits.
>
> 5b. None. NAV was all I had. Will reinstall eventually. Trust me I am well
> aware of the security issues (Thanks dad... lol
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> May we assume you're running Vista x64 (SP1), Joe?

>> Maybe not.
>>
>> 1. Make certain that the Windows Firewall is enabled!
>>
>> 2. Save this download the Norton Removal Tool to your desktop:
>> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
>>
>> 3. Right-click on the Saved file & select "Run as Administrator" to run
>> the
>> tool.
>>
>> 4. Reboot twice.
>>
>> 5a. Does the behavior persist?
>>
>> 5b. What anti-virus application is installed now that you've removed NAV?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Joe Mesot wrote:
>>> From fiddlertool I get the following:
>>>
>>> Your browser sent the following headers:
>>> Connection: Keep-AliveAccept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
>>> deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.fiddlertool.comReferer:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...-usUser-Agent:
>>> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET
>>> CLR
>>> 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.1)UA-CPU:
>>> x86
>>> ASPNET's HTTPBrowserCapabilities object reports that, based on the
>>> User-Agent, your Browser has the following capabilities:
>>>
>>> Type = IE7
>>> Name = IE