automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code

Seabrook

automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
I need to have a full screen in Internet Explorer mode, similarly to manually
pressing the F11 key. All those browser bars take away too much screen real
estate.
How can that be accomplished when programming in PHP5?
Also, of course, how is it toggled OFF at the end?
Thank you,
--
Curious George
rob^_^

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
See the arguments for window.open (there is a fullscreen parameter.)

"Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to have a full screen in Internet Explorer mode, similarly to
> manually
> pressing the F11 key. All those browser bars take away too much screen
> real
> estate.
> How can that be accomplished when programming in PHP5?
> Also, of course, how is it toggled OFF at the end?
> Thank you,
> --
> Curious George

Seabrook

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
Thank you. Could you please be a bit more specific? Where is that
window.open parameter?
--
Curious George

"rob^_^" wrote:

> See the arguments for window.open (there is a fullscreen parameter.)
>
> "Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I need to have a full screen in Internet Explorer mode, similarly to
> > manually
> > pressing the F11 key. All those browser bars take away too much screen
> > real
> > estate.
> > How can that be accomplished when programming in PHP5?
> > Also, of course, how is it toggled OFF at the end?
> > Thank you,
> > --
> > Curious George

Steve Hebert

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
That would be a JavaScript event 'window.open'. There is no way for PHP (a
server-side scripting language) to do anything to the client browser.

> Thank you. Could you please be a bit more specific? Where is that
> window.open parameter?
> --
> Curious George
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> See the arguments for window.open (there is a fullscreen parameter.)
>>
>> "Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I need to have a full screen in Internet Explorer mode, similarly to
>> > manually
>> > pressing the F11 key. All those browser bars take away too much screen
>> > real
>> > estate.
>> > How can that be accomplished when programming in PHP5?
>> > Also, of course, how is it toggled OFF at the end?
>> > Thank you,
>> > --
>> > Curious George

Seabrook

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
That is what I thought. Not good enough.
We are placing application programs on the server. These programs need a
full screen for all available screen real estate.
Using JS is possible, but creates other problems, such as ISPs wanting to
suppress "pop-ups" since another window has to be created, and ordinary
customers cannot handle that.

Microsoft should consider this issue soonest since other companies will want
to do the same thing.

Please pass it on. Thanks.
--
Curious George

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> That would be a JavaScript event 'window.open'. There is no way for PHP (a
> server-side scripting language) to do anything to the client browser.
>

> "Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you. Could you please be a bit more specific? Where is that
> > window.open parameter?
> > --
> > Curious George
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> See the arguments for window.open (there is a fullscreen parameter.)

Steve Hebert

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
I certainly wouldn't want any website to be able to change my browser
settings.

> That is what I thought. Not good enough.
> We are placing application programs on the server. These programs need a
> full screen for all available screen real estate.
> Using JS is possible, but creates other problems, such as ISPs wanting to
> suppress "pop-ups" since another window has to be created, and ordinary
> customers cannot handle that.
>
> Microsoft should consider this issue soonest since other companies will
> want
> to do the same thing.
>
> Please pass it on. Thanks.
> --
> Curious George
>

> "Steve Hebert" wrote:
>
>> That would be a JavaScript event 'window.open'. There is no way for PHP
>> (a
>> server-side scripting language) to do anything to the client browser.
>>

>> "Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you. Could you please be a bit more specific? Where is that
>> > window.open parameter?
>> > --
>> > Curious George

Seabrook

Re: automatic full screen mode by PHP5 code
Well, that would depend on how much panel scrolling you would have to do?
If you did that 250 times for one session you might get tired of it fast?
Now multiply that for 90 sessions. For a single application program. There
are several!
And that is only because the browser hogs 26% of the vertical screen for nor
reason at all since NONE of those buttons have any use. They just sit there,
using up space.
Of course, we could always go down to a font size of 8 or 9 pixels?
****agers may have no problem with that. But the older generation, over 40,
would mightily object.
Besides, with a good program the panel size reverts back to normal --
automatically.

--
Curious George

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> I certainly wouldn't want any website to be able to change my browser
> settings.
>

> "Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That is what I thought. Not good enough.
> > We are placing application programs on the server. These programs need a
> > full screen for all available screen real estate.
> > Using JS is possible, but creates other problems, such as ISPs wanting to
> > suppress "pop-ups" since another window has to be created, and ordinary
> > customers cannot handle that.
> >
> > Microsoft should consider this issue soonest since other companies will
> > want
> > to do the same thing.
> >
> > Please pass it on. Thanks.
> > --
> > Curious George
> >

> > "Steve Hebert" wrote:
> >
> >> That would be a JavaScript event 'window.open'. There is no way for PHP
> >> (a
> >> server-side scripting language) to do anything to the client browser.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Seabrook" <Seabrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:908C3344-1ACE-4B2A-971F-0441FB9BBD38@microsoft.com...
> That is what I thought. Not good enough.
> We are placing application programs on the server. These programs need a
> full screen for all available screen real estate.
> Using JS is possible, but creates other problems, such as ISPs wanting to
> suppress "pop-ups" since another window has to be created, and ordinary
> customers cannot handle that.
>
> Microsoft should consider this issue soonest since other companies will want
> to do the same thing.
>

> Please pass it on. Thanks.

Ask in the MSDN forum for IE web development.
I suspect you can do what you want with an .hcp
but that is the place to ask about that too.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---