Is there a way to suppress active X in secure websites?

Pamela Mashinter

Is there a way to suppress active X in secure websites?
I just got Explorer 7 when my hard drive was replaced and everything
restored. I have a secure website that I use to VPN into my computer at work
when I work from home using. I use an SSL VPN connected from Cisco systems.

I added the website to my trusted sites and clicked off the box about
checking security certificates, and also added the site to something else
that had to do with active X control (I'm now at work on a lower version of
explorer so can't refer back to exactly what it was). I also set the site up
to allow cookies as it is required for the site.

When I access the site I continue to receive the 'message' that it is trying
to run active X. I am finally able to get in after about 5 tries but am very
frustrated by then.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get specific addresses from requiring me
to click to run Active X every time I access the site? Perhaps it is
something I should be asking Cisco?
VanguardLH

Re: Is there a way to suppress active X in secure websites?
Pamela Mashinter wrote:

> I just got Explorer 7 when my hard drive was replaced and everything
> restored. I have a secure website that I use to VPN into my computer at work
> when I work from home using. I use an SSL VPN connected from Cisco systems.
>
> I added the website to my trusted sites and clicked off the box about
> checking security certificates, and also added the site to something else
> that had to do with active X control (I'm now at work on a lower version of
> explorer so can't refer back to exactly what it was). I also set the site up
> to allow cookies as it is required for the site.
>
> When I access the site I continue to receive the 'message' that it is trying
> to run active X. I am finally able to get in after about 5 tries but am very
> frustrated by then.
>
> Does anyone know of any tricks to get specific addresses from requiring me
> to click to run Active X every time I access the site? Perhaps it is
> something I should be asking Cisco?

Since you are using a VPN to connect to your employer's network, ask
them why they demand you use an ActiveX control to navigate through
their web server or to wherever you are connecting there. Hey, it's
your employer. You can't ask THEM?