HELP I need to get onto a site to send a newsletter but get this

newmom

HELP I need to get onto a site to send a newsletter but get this
Server Error in '/' Application.

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same
validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a
cluster.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC
failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that
<machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation
algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown
when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below
steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the
error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given
application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only
that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a
memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has
debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDeco dedData(Byte[] buf,
Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) +289
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +140

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
Client IP: 99.151.78.253
Port: 1412

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this
application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey>
configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm.
AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String
persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidatio nError(Exception inner,
String persistedState) +14
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +242

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter,
String serializedState) +37
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +105
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context) +21
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.login_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: HELP I need to get onto a site to send a newsletter but get this

"newmom" <newmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3F985E4-F0F0-4C0B-9396-CCC1F7F8A30A@microsoft.com...

> [Subject: HELP I need to get onto a site to send a newsletter but get this]

Details? E.g. URL? This looks like a message only the web site operators
would be able to understand. Connect them.

Ok. I found a Referer in your diagnostics:

http://www.mommailonline.com/login.aspx

You could try clearing the Cookies for that site
and then retry with a new instance of the browser.
E.g. Run... (press Win-R and enter)
iexplore.exe -new
or close all instances of IE so iexplore.exe
is no longer running before you start IE however
you start it with that URL.

The only other portion of the diagnostics that I might comment on
are the port and User-Agent string:

> Port: 1412
> .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

So, looks as if you are going to a proxy server (or non-standard
HTTP server, e.g. not port 80) somewhere?
Do you know if you need those other products you have installed
to use it? E.g. YPC 3.2.0 or InfoPath? If not and the problem
is only on your machine I would try removing them.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---