Favorite URL's not saving correctly / Menu shows empty in IE 7

Suzywoo2

Favorite URL's not saving correctly / Menu shows empty in IE 7
Figured no one would ever see my newest post concerning this since I replied
to my old post. Hope it's okay to do it this way. Newest message on top,
original at bottom.
--------------------------

Subject: Re: Favorite URL's not saving correctly / Menu shows empty in IE 7
1/8/2009 5:02 AM PST

By: Suzywoo2 In: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Hello Don,

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you before now. Between the
holidays and other issues, my computing time was severely limited. Below are
the answers following each question you'd posted regarding my continuing
problem with IE favorites:

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. From Start> Run, type in shell:favorites hit OK or enter.
> Which Favorites folder opens in Windows Explorer?

...... No folder opens, but an error message appears with the following
message: "C:\Users\Suzanne\Downloads\Favorites\Favorites\Fa vorites\Favorites
refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this
computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly
inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then
try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been
moved to a different location."

This certainly seems odd, not to mention redundant concerning the amount of
"Favorites" sub-folders the message refers to. Honestly, I don't ever recall
seeing that exact directory within the "Downloads" folder. Currently the
directory is a tad repetitive, but not double as shown in the error message.

Here's the actual directory right now:
"C:\Users\Suzanne\Downloads\Favorites\Favorites\.. ." Then there are the
sub-folders I created for saved URL's. Unsure if this matters, but felt it
was worth mentioning -- the first "Favorites" is a generic yellow folder but
the second was created as a green Vista folder with a yellow star.

Along with the "Favorites" appearing in my Download folder, there's also a
main (one of the aforementioned Vista green folders w/star) "Favorites"
folder appearing within my main "Suzanne" directory as such:
Desktop\Suzanne\Favorites. However, this does not show if you go through the
C drive (main) and "Users." Really odd!

The "Favorites" still don't show up within the IE browser,
when I click to save a site it only saves the site name; I still
have to go to the folder/directory to manually add it to the file.

> 2. Do you use Avira AntiVir?

..... No, am using the Security Suite from Computer Associates.

> 3. From Control Panel> Default Programs> is ".url - Internet Shortcut" set
> to open with Internet Explorer?

..... Yes, it is listed under the "Extensions" section in the "Set
associations ..." window.

If you need anything else, I'll be checking back several times a day to look
for your reply this time and will respond ASAP. Many thanks again for all
your assistance with this matter.

Warm Regards ~ Suzanne