Re: How to stop messenger opening mail in internet explorer

Re: How to stop messenger opening mail in internet explorer
[Crosspost to IE General]

Even if you've made FF your default browser, accessing your Hotmail account
via Messenger should not crash IE. If it does, it's indicative of some
serious Windows issues. Did you switch to FF because of these crashes?

NB: When replying to this post, please state your IE version and full
Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

sarahandscott28 wrote:
> We recently changed from Internet explorer to using Mozilla Firefox. How
> can
> i stop messenger opening up the mail using nternet explorer still, It will
> not use Firefox and keeps trying to open up in Internet Explorer and
> crashes
> our computer?

steve fozz

Re: How to stop messenger opening mail in internet explorer

I am using vista business sp1, with the new messenger live 2009,

I have the opposite problem, since the new version has been installed my
mail opens in firefox which is my defauld browser, then it takes me to the
sign in page for msn before i get to my mail.
i liked the way it was , even tho firefox was my default browser messenger
still opened in explorer, is there any way other than making my default
browser explorer that i can make messenger live 2009 open my mail with i
explorer and not firefox ?

thanks Steve Fozz
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> Even if you've made FF your default browser, accessing your Hotmail account
> via Messenger should not crash IE. If it does, it's indicative of some
> serious Windows issues. Did you switch to FF because of these crashes?
>
> NB: When replying to this post, please state your IE version and full
> Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> sarahandscott28 wrote:
> > We recently changed from Internet explorer to using Mozilla Firefox. How
> > can
> > i stop messenger opening up the mail using nternet explorer still, It will
> > not use Firefox and keeps trying to open up in Internet Explorer and
> > crashes
> > our computer?

Re: How to stop messenger opening mail in internet explorer
Please begin a new thread in the appropriate newsgroup about your problems,
Steve. Thanks.

steve fozz wrote:
> I am using vista business sp1, with the new messenger live 2009,
>
> I have the opposite problem, since the new version has been installed my
> mail opens in firefox which is my defauld browser, then it takes me to the
> sign in page for msn before i get to my mail.
> i liked the way it was , even tho firefox was my default browser messenger
> still opened in explorer, is there any way other than making my default
> browser explorer that i can make messenger live 2009 open my mail with i
> explorer and not firefox ?

<SNIP>