Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time

TDesai

Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
HI,
While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
"about:Tabs" opens.
I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time

"TDesai" <TDesai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CECB4A-25EC-4A1B-A700-E870DB2EABF1@microsoft.com...
> HI,
> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> "about:Tabs" opens.

> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

Also test with Work Offline set. Alt-F,W

If you have any network attached drives, try detaching them.

---

---

TDesai

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
Hi Robert,

I tried Work Offline set but same issue..

thx,td

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "TDesai" <TDesai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CECB4A-25EC-4A1B-A700-E870DB2EABF1@microsoft.com...
> > HI,
> > While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> > existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> > "about:Tabs" opens.

> > I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

> Also test with Work Offline set. Alt-F,W
>
> If you have any network attached drives, try detaching them.
>

> ---
>
> ---

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
posting to this newsgroup.

=> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

=> Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TDesai wrote:
> HI,
> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> "about:Tabs" opens.
> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

TDesai

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
Hi,

I have IE 7 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> TDesai wrote:
> > HI,
> > While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> > existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> > "about:Tabs" opens.
> > I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

VanguardLH

TDesai wrote:

> HI,
> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> "about:Tabs" opens.
> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

I bet opening new tabs will get a lot more speedy if you load IE7 in its
no add-ons mode. Try it and test if the new tabs open more quickly.
TDesai

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
Hi,
I already mentioned "> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but
same.
".. its still the same....

thx

TDesai wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> TDesai wrote:
>>
>>> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
>>> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few
>>> seconds "about:Tabs" opens. I have checked this issue in IE without
>>> Add-ons but same.

>> I bet opening new tabs will get a lot more speedy if you load IE7 in
>> its no add-ons mode. Try it and test if the new tabs open more
>> quickly.

> I already mentioned "> I have checked this issue in IE without
> Add-ons but same.

Missed that obvious part or maybe I got distracted before replying.
IE7 is running as fast as it can because there is no other code but
itself getting ran and it isn't making any network connections yet
(assuming that you don't have a site loaded in one tab when you are
opening another tab and are just opening tabs and the home page is
about:blank).

Have you tried going into IE7's advanced settings and resetting IE7?

What all security software do you have currently active?

What happens when you reboot into Safe Mode (w/networking) and retest?

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
You've not answered any of my questions (unless Vista SP1 isn't installed,
in which case you answered one of them).

TDesai wrote:
> I have IE 7 on Windows Vista Home Premium.
> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
> "about:Tabs" opens.
> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.
>
> thx,td
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>
>> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> TDesai wrote:
>>> HI,
>>> While opening new Tab in IE 7, takes time. When new tab is opened in
>>> existing open IE page it gives "Connecting.." than after few seconds
>>> "about:Tabs" opens.
>>> I have checked this issue in IE without Add-ons but same.

TDesai

Re: Opening New "about:Tabs" Tab takes time
HI,
I have checked Advance setting and also in safe Mode, but same.
I have Windows defender as security.

thanks
TDesai