Internet Explorer is unassessible

MaryK

Internet Explorer is unassessible
I have lost my Internet Explorer, I just get a blank screen. When I turn on
computer I get a blank screen with an E logo on my desktop. When I try to get
on IE just a blank screen comes up. I can still get on the internet using my
aol connection, but since I had this problem I can't print or download some
files from the internet, especially msn templates. My son-in-law has always
fixed my computer in the past but he's too busy right now to help me so I
want to learn to do things on my own.
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Internet Explorer is unassessible

"MaryK" <MaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news628C85D-31E5-44FC-8B82-176FCCFA341B@microsoft.com...
>I have lost my Internet Explorer, I just get a blank screen. When I turn on
> computer I get a blank screen with an E logo on my desktop. When I try to get
> on IE just a blank screen comes up.

Well, what is the URL in the Address bar?
If it is about:Blank that's what you should be seeing. ; )

Otherwise check to see if that "blank screen" is really blank
or just some unrendered HTML. E.g. press Alt-V,c
and look at the page's source.

It may be a good idea to make your Home page about:Blank
temporarily to avoid this confusion: Tools, Options, Use Blank
(press Alt-T,O,Alt-b). Then you can be more specific about
giving your symptoms, what you do and what you see.

Also, always disclose your OS (aka Windows version) (e.g. press Win-Break)
and the version of IE (press Alt-H,A) that you are using when you need help.
There may be OS-specific things which responders could suggest you try.
For example, since XPsp2, XP has had a Diagnose Connection Problems...
Tool its users can try.

> I can still get on the internet using my
> aol connection, but since I had this problem I can't print or download some
> files from the internet, especially msn templates. My son-in-law has always
> fixed my computer in the past but he's too busy right now to help me so I
> want to learn to do things on my own.

You might get better assistance from a newsgroup or forum
which supports AOL then. E.g. I don't know whether a proxy
would be involved with it but a missing proxy would explain
your symptoms too.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---