IE 8: Final Release Date

Altuğ Atik

IE 8: Final Release Date
Any rumors about the release date. Just heard 2009 Q1.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Final Release Date
Altug Atik wrote:

> Any rumors about the release date. Just heard 2009 Q1.

IE8: What's after Beta 2?
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...er-beta-2.aspx

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Altuğ Atik

Re: Final Release Date
Nothing more? Still Q1.

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
> Altug Atik wrote:
>
>> Any rumors about the release date. Just heard 2009 Q1.

> IE8: What's after Beta 2?
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...er-beta-2.aspx
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Gordon

Re: Final Release Date
Altuğ Atik wrote:
> Nothing more? Still Q1.

And that's for the Release Candidate only.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level
Altuğ Atik

Re: Final Release Date
Was wondering if I could format and install WinXP SP3 with IE 8. Can't wait
longer. Thanks.

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Altuğ Atik wrote:
>> Nothing more? Still Q1.
>>

> And that's for the Release Candidate only.
>

> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Final Release Date
IE8 Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

"Altuğ Atik" <altugatik@msn.com> wrote in message
: Any rumors about the release date. Just heard 2009 Q1.

Re: Final Release Date
No, not even when IE8 Final is released.

When will that happen? Those who say cannot know and those who know cannot
say.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Altuğ Atik wrote:
> Was wondering if I could format and install WinXP SP3 with IE 8...

Neil Rieck

Re: Final Release Date
On Jan 8, 11:53*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, not even when IE8 Final is released.
>
> When will that happen? *Those who say cannot know and those who know cannot
> say.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>
> Altuğ Atik wrote:
> > Was wondering if I could format and install WinXP SP3 with IE 8...

There are so many things wrong with IE8 b2 that I am a surprised it
was released. For years now we've been told to do page layout using
DIV rather than TABLE. While this has worked for years in other
browsers including Firefox, if you try this with IE8b2 you will
discover that some page items won't render at all (until you force a
refresh) or will render incorrectly. To get around this problem, MS
has added a "Compatibility View" button which forces IE8 to pretend
that the DOCTYPE statement is missing.

Many people don't see a problem with this since 90% of all non-
programmers use IE but consider the problems presented to programmers
maintaining retail web sites like eBay.com and Amazon.com. From this
perspective, poor CSS compliance in IE is holding back the whole
world. On top of this, IE6 and and IE7 will be used by consumers for
many years after IE8 is released since many users never upgrade their
browsers.

Neil Rieck
Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
Ontario, Canada.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/

Re: Final Release Date
You are most than welcome to post your opinion in a new thread in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup instead of hijacking
someone else's thread here, Neil.

<snip>