Context sensitive help does not work in IE7

Syed

Context sensitive help does not work in IE7
Hi,
Context sensitive help URL basically has two parts separated by '#',first
part has the path to display home page and the second part has the relative
path to the respective help page, which is expected to get displayed.
URL launched from run dailog ==> "C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "C:/Program
Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm"

URL file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm

In IE6 when above cmd is launched/ executed from run dailog, it will launch
web browser and display home page that is Help.htm and then ask for unblock
popups, once you un-block the popups it display the specified web page which
is mentioned in the 2nd part of the URl i,e nodes.htm.

All the time address bar shows the complete URl been launched
file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm

Where as In IE7 it first display home page and after unblocking popups still
it stays in home page instead of displaying nodes.htm page.
All the time it shows only first part of the URL in address bar
file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm
and truncates the other part which has path to the desired page.

I want to know is there any work around or a way to get the desired page
"end_nodes.htm" to display in IE7 the way it is getting displayed in IE6.

Appreciate quick response.

--
Thanks.

Re: Context sensitive help does not work in IE7
See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

You can also post here instead:

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1

Was that quick enough for you?

Syed wrote:
> Hi,
> Context sensitive help URL basically has two parts separated by '#',first
> part has the path to display home page and the second part has the
> relative
> path to the respective help page, which is expected to get displayed.
> URL launched from run dailog ==> "C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "C:/Program
> Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm"
>
> URL file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
>

> In IE6 when above cmd is launched/ executed from run dailog, it will
> launch
> web browser and display home page that is Help.htm and then ask for
> unblock
> popups, once you un-block the popups it display the specified web page
> which
> is mentioned in the 2nd part of the URl i,e nodes.htm.
>
> All the time address bar shows the complete URl been launched
> file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
>

> Where as In IE7 it first display home page and after unblocking popups
> still
> it stays in home page instead of displaying nodes.htm page.
> All the time it shows only first part of the URL in address bar
> file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm
> and truncates the other part which has path to the desired page.
>
> I want to know is there any work around or a way to get the desired page
> "end_nodes.htm" to display in IE7 the way it is getting displayed in IE6.
>
> Appreciate quick response.

Syed

Re: Context sensitive help does not work in IE7
Thanks,
That was really quick enough.
I tried browsing the links you have provided, but couldn't get any usefull
information to fix the issue I have.

--
Thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx and
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>
> You can also post here instead:
>
> MSDN IE Development Forums
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
>
> Was that quick enough for you?
>
> Syed wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Context sensitive help URL basically has two parts separated by '#',first
> > part has the path to display home page and the second part has the
> > relative
> > path to the respective help page, which is expected to get displayed.
> > URL launched from run dailog ==> "C:\Program Files\Internet
> > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "C:/Program
> > Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm"
> >
> > URL file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
> >

> > In IE6 when above cmd is launched/ executed from run dailog, it will
> > launch
> > web browser and display home page that is Help.htm and then ask for
> > unblock
> > popups, once you un-block the popups it display the specified web page
> > which
> > is mentioned in the 2nd part of the URl i,e nodes.htm.
> >
> > All the time address bar shows the complete URl been launched
> > file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
> >

> > Where as In IE7 it first display home page and after unblocking popups
> > still
> > it stays in home page instead of displaying nodes.htm page.
> > All the time it shows only first part of the URL in address bar
> > file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm
> > and truncates the other part which has path to the desired page.
> >
> > I want to know is there any work around or a way to get the desired page
> > "end_nodes.htm" to display in IE7 the way it is getting displayed in IE6.
> >
> > Appreciate quick response.

Re: Context sensitive help does not work in IE7
Repost:

Syed wrote:
> Thanks,
> That was really quick enough.
> I tried browsing the links you have provided, but couldn't get any usefull
> information to fix the issue I have.
>

>> See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
>> and
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>>
>> You can also post here instead:
>>
>> MSDN IE Development Forums
>> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
>>
>> Was that quick enough for you?
>>
>> Syed wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Context sensitive help URL basically has two parts separated by
>>> '#',first
>>> part has the path to display home page and the second part has the
>>> relative
>>> path to the respective help page, which is expected to get displayed.
>>> URL launched from run dailog ==> "C:\Program Files\Internet
>>> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "C:/Program
>>> Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm"
>>>
>>> URL file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
>>>

>>> In IE6 when above cmd is launched/ executed from run dailog, it will
>>> launch
>>> web browser and display home page that is Help.htm and then ask for
>>> unblock
>>> popups, once you un-block the popups it display the specified web page
>>> which
>>> is mentioned in the 2nd part of the URl i,e nodes.htm.
>>>
>>> All the time address bar shows the complete URl been launched
>>> file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm#Management\Groups\nodes.htm
>>>

>>> Where as In IE7 it first display home page and after unblocking popups
>>> still
>>> it stays in home page instead of displaying nodes.htm page.
>>> All the time it shows only first part of the URL in address bar
>>> file:///C:/Program%20Files/help/Help.htm
>>> and truncates the other part which has path to the desired page.
>>>
>>> I want to know is there any work around or a way to get the desired page
>>> "end_nodes.htm" to display in IE7 the way it is getting displayed in
>>> IE6.
>>>
>>> Appreciate quick response.

sensitive touch pad paf microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 0 06-20-2008 23:21
Presumed sensitive Paul Security News 0 08-27-2007 18:01
The rise of the sensitive spammer Steve Security News 0 08-08-2007 09:50
Obtrusive context sensitive box =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYm8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 04-02-2007 02:58
Why has MS ruined field level context sensitive help? Keith G Hicks microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 19:50