RE: IE7: What is logic for having typical buttons all over the pla

Not_impressed_with_ie7

RE: IE7: What is logic for having typical buttons all over the pla
Go ahead and make Internet Explorer more secure, but fire the idiots who keep
messing with the GUI.

I hate many of the changes in IE7. Specifically, the Refresh and Stop
buttons are separated from the Back and Forward buttons. Who the hell thought
this was a good idea? Especially if using a crappy device like a touchpad on
a laptop.

Second, the Back, Forward, Stop, Refresh and Home buttons should all be
BESIDE one another, like they were in IE6. Or at least customizable to move
around. And what was wrong with the icons from IE6? NOTHING. The old icons
were better and easier to distinguish from one another.

Third, I hate the "Live Search" and the fact it cannot be removed by
"right-clicking" to hide it. Save the following as NoSearchBox.Reg and then
double-click it. It will remove the dumb Live Search feature.

<COPY START>
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet
Explorer\InfoDelivery\Restrictions]
"NoSearchBox"=dword:00000001
<COPY END>

I hope Microsoft takes note of some of this. I am a fan of IE. I choose not
to use Firefox, or Opera, or Chrome or whatever else is out there. I don't
care about tabbed browsing. I always open in a new window anyways, but at
least the "tabbed" feature can be turned off. The same cannot be said about
the other lousy changes that are in IE7. I wish I could go back to IE6.

"Suggestions for a better navigation way" wrote:

> becouse the address bar is the place to put and look the adress, the address
> bar, back and foreward buttons are the only things you ned to navigate
>
> "Mojo" wrote:
>
> > I have no clue. Its totally bizarre. A real control freak apparently took
> > over lead of the IE7 design interface. Why arent the buttons on their own
> > their own toolbar? To save space? If so, why the monster-sized address bar
> > with (big surprise) an msn search tool that can't be removed. But since only
> > msn makes search bar tools why would you want do something that crazy?
> >
> > I think they should put the tabs at the bottom a la ms excel, give the tool
> > bar its own bar, The address bar with its own bar and an option to include
> > msn search on the address bar, and the freedom to move the address bar
> > alongside the other bars. btw, all of this talk about bars is making me
> > thirsty.
> >
> > "Mike in Paradise" wrote:
> >
> > > I find the placement of buttons very annoying.
> > >
> > > In the previous version (and firefox) the majority of the navigation buttons
> > > are in the top left corner of the screen. People are used to having it ther
> > > and now the default is to have user go all over the top part of the screen to
> > > find what they are looking for.
> > >
> > > Eg. Favorites is a button on the left, new windwos is a button on the right,
> > > If you want a new tab your right click on tabs , if you want a new windw you
> > > got to tools, if you want favourites it is on a different part of the screen,
> > >
> > > My users will scream bloody murder over this. Is there a way to have the
> > > buttons all in the top left corner as it was before???

Robert Aldwinckle

"Not_impressed_with_ie7" <Not_impressed_with_ie7@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
news715F739-237B-407D-8780-6FA07BF7E0A0@microsoft.com...

> I hate many of the changes in IE7. Specifically, the Refresh and Stop
> buttons are separated from the Back and Forward buttons. Who the hell thought
> this was a good idea?

> Especially if using a crappy device like a touchpad on a laptop.

Learn the keyboard equivalents. Then the buttons will just be needed
for whatever indicator value they have.

---