Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops responding

Ryan Laurie

Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops responding
Hi, I'm a computer consultant and have recently built and setup a new
computer for myself with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Edition. This is my
first 64 bit version, and I have downloaded and installed every update from
Microsoft and have all the latest device drivers. I am having issues with
Internet Explorer (32bit) freezing and locking up or it stops responding. I
have deleted all temporary files and did the IE7 reset 10 times. Every time
I then hit certain websites I have to download the latest version of Adobe
Flash player, so this is the only add-on enabled. The browser on some
websites will freeze and stop responding, I then will go in with Mozilla to
the same sites and there won't be any issues. Other then telling me to use
Mozilla, I would like to continue to use IE7 but it is driving me crazy. I
am also having an issue where when I'm on allmusic.com and try to preview
music it will not work but Mozilla will take the right action and play it in
Media Player 11. HELP PLEASE....is there known issues with the 32bit of IE7
with Vista 64.

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops responding
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ryan Laurie wrote:
> Hi, I'm a computer consultant and have recently built and setup a new
> computer for myself with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Edition. This is
> my
> first 64 bit version, and I have downloaded and installed every update
> from
> Microsoft and have all the latest device drivers. I am having issues with
> Internet Explorer (32bit) freezing and locking up or it stops responding.
> have deleted all temporary files and did the IE7 reset 10 times. Every
> time
> I then hit certain websites I have to download the latest version of Adobe
> Flash player, so this is the only add-on enabled. The browser on some
> websites will freeze and stop responding, I then will go in with Mozilla
> the same sites and there won't be any issues. Other then telling me to
> use
> Mozilla, I would like to continue to use IE7 but it is driving me crazy.
> am also having an issue where when I'm on allmusic.com and try to preview
> music it will not work but Mozilla will take the right action and play it
> in
> Media Player 11. HELP PLEASE....is there known issues with the 32bit of
> IE7
> with Vista 64.

Ryan Laurie

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops respon
I already ran through all of this and I'm still having the issue, that's the
problem.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Ryan Laurie wrote:
> > Hi, I'm a computer consultant and have recently built and setup a new
> > computer for myself with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Edition. This is
> > my
> > first 64 bit version, and I have downloaded and installed every update
> > from
> > Microsoft and have all the latest device drivers. I am having issues with
> > Internet Explorer (32bit) freezing and locking up or it stops responding.
> > have deleted all temporary files and did the IE7 reset 10 times. Every
> > time
> > I then hit certain websites I have to download the latest version of Adobe
> > Flash player, so this is the only add-on enabled. The browser on some
> > websites will freeze and stop responding, I then will go in with Mozilla
> > the same sites and there won't be any issues. Other then telling me to
> > use
> > Mozilla, I would like to continue to use IE7 but it is driving me crazy.
> > am also having an issue where when I'm on allmusic.com and try to preview
> > music it will not work but Mozilla will take the right action and play it
> > in
> > Media Player 11. HELP PLEASE....is there known issues with the 32bit of
> > IE7
> > with Vista 64.

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops respon
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista SP2 Beta).

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Ryan Laurie wrote:
> I already ran through all of this and I'm still having the issue, that's
> the
> problem.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> In no certain order:
>>
>> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>>
>> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>>
>> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
>> Help) http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Ryan Laurie wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm a computer consultant and have recently built and setup a new
>>> computer for myself with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Edition. This is
>>> my
>>> first 64 bit version, and I have downloaded and installed every update
>>> from
>>> Microsoft and have all the latest device drivers. I am having issues
>>> with
>>> Internet Explorer (32bit) freezing and locking up or it stops
>>> responding.
>>> have deleted all temporary files and did the IE7 reset 10 times. Every
>>> time
>>> I then hit certain websites I have to download the latest version of
>>> Adobe
>>> Flash player, so this is the only add-on enabled. The browser on some
>>> websites will freeze and stop responding, I then will go in with Mozilla
>>> the same sites and there won't be any issues. Other then telling me to
>>> use
>>> Mozilla, I would like to continue to use IE7 but it is driving me crazy.
>>> am also having an issue where when I'm on allmusic.com and try to
>>> preview
>>> music it will not work but Mozilla will take the right action and play
>>> it
>>> in
>>> Media Player 11. HELP PLEASE....is there known issues with the 32bit of
>>> IE7
>>> with Vista 64.

Ryan Laurie

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops respon
Windows Vista Utimate 64Bit SP1
Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4000.2295
No Antispyware programs are running in real time
I use the Windows Vista firewall

I also did a One-Care full antispyware/Virus scan from Microsoft's website
and nothing was found.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista SP2 Beta).

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Ryan Laurie wrote:
> > I already ran through all of this and I'm still having the issue, that's
> > the
> > problem.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> In no certain order:
> >>
> >> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
> >>
> >> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
> >>
> >> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
> >> Help) http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit and IE7 Freezing and stops respon
And your Symantec subscription is or is not current? Are you running a
30-day free-trial

Was Symantec Endpoint Protection running in the background when you
installed SP1 or any recent IE updates?

(Despite what OneCare Safety Center scan says, this certainly "smells" like
a hijackware infection.)