some links not opening maximized

Jo-Anne

some links not opening maximized
In the last day or two, I've had a problem with links from Google Reader not
opening full screen. They've always worked fine in the past. Seems like a
setting somewhere might have been changed without my knowing it. Is there a
way I can make sure that webpages in IE7 are always opened maximized? I've
tried opening them, maximizing them, and using CTRL-X to close them--but
that doesn't work.

I'm using Windows XP SP3.

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

Don Varnau

Re: some links not opening maximized
Hi,
I haven't used Google Reader, but try this...

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to full-size. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
Internet Explorer Full Size
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
> In the last day or two, I've had a problem with links from Google Reader

not
> opening full screen. They've always worked fine in the past. Seems like a
> setting somewhere might have been changed without my knowing it. Is there

> way I can make sure that webpages in IE7 are always opened maximized? I've
> tried opening them, maximizing them, and using CTRL-X to close them--but
> that doesn't work.
>
> I'm using Windows XP SP3.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

Re: some links not opening maximized
Did you close all other IE windows before closing the resized (not
maximized) one?

Jo-Anne wrote:
> In the last day or two, I've had a problem with links from Google Reader
> not
> opening full screen. They've always worked fine in the past. Seems like a
> setting somewhere might have been changed without my knowing it. Is there
> way I can make sure that webpages in IE7 are always opened maximized? I've
> tried opening them, maximizing them, and using CTRL-X to close them--but
> that doesn't work.
>
> I'm using Windows XP SP3.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Re: some links not opening maximized
Thank you, Robear; that did it! I had forgotten about closing all the other
windows first.

Jo-Anne

> Did you close all other IE windows before closing the resized (not
> maximized) one?
>
> Jo-Anne wrote:
>> In the last day or two, I've had a problem with links from Google Reader
>> not
>> opening full screen. They've always worked fine in the past. Seems like a
>> setting somewhere might have been changed without my knowing it. Is there
>> way I can make sure that webpages in IE7 are always opened maximized?
>> I've
>> tried opening them, maximizing them, and using CTRL-X to close them--but
>> that doesn't work.
>>
>> I'm using Windows XP SP3.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Re: some links not opening maximized
Thank you, Don! I've bookmarkd the tips pages, which seem to be full of good
stuff; and I'm copying your post to my IE file in Outlook Express. As I
mentioned to Robear, closing all the other windows before closing the
stretched one worked.

Jo-Anne

> Hi,
> I haven't used Google Reader, but try this...
>
> Open a webpage. Stretch it out to full-size. Don't use maximize.
> Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
> Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
> Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.
>
> To always get a true maximized window...
> AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
> IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
>
> Additional information at:
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
> Internet Explorer Full Size
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
>> In the last day or two, I've had a problem with links from Google Reader

> not
>> opening full screen. They've always worked fine in the past. Seems like a
>> setting somewhere might have been changed without my knowing it. Is there

>> way I can make sure that webpages in IE7 are always opened maximized?
>> I've
>> tried opening them, maximizing them, and using CTRL-X to close them--but
>> that doesn't work.
>>
>> I'm using Windows XP SP3.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

Re: some links not opening maximized
Print this & tape it to your screen:

"The resized window [any application] must be the last window closed for its
size to be remembered."

Now, what are you giving me for Christmas? <wink>

All the best,
--
~Robear