RE: The page"http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx"

DocRocks

RE: The page"http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx"
I'm having the same issue running XPSP3 and IE7. I follow your first
instruction in this reply but how do I access the Hkey_... ?

"Gistcheckin" wrote:

> Start > Set Program Access and Defaults
> Under Custom, set defaults
> Click OK
>
> Check in Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
> Default values should be 1 for both
> Runonce Complete
> Runonce has shown
>
> If not, right click on Runonce Complete and click on Modify
> Change default value to 1
> Do the same for Runonce has shown
>
> Launche IE and go to your home page. Open Tools>Internet Options>General Tab
> Under Home Page select Use Current
>

> --
> Gistcheckin
>

> "Sunny" wrote:
>
> > Every time I open IE7 this page always can be seen.But it doesn't have any
> > contents. It only shows a title "Customizing your settings" and a blue blank
> > page. I can't set IE7 in this page so I can't open my homepage directly. But
> > I don't want to set it anymore, I just want to see my homepage directly. Is
> > that OK? I want to kown what can I do soon.Thanks.

Don Varnau

Re: The page"http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx"
Hi,
This:

> > Check in Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
> > Default values should be 1 for both

is a registry edit.

You can avoid manually editing the registry.
See "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead
of your homepage" at
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
and/or
945385- A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385/en-us

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"DocRocks" <DocRocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same issue running XPSP3 and IE7. I follow your first
> instruction in this reply but how do I access the Hkey_... ?

> "Gistcheckin" wrote:
>
> > Start > Set Program Access and Defaults
> > Under Custom, set defaults
> > Click OK
> >
> > Check in Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
> > Default values should be 1 for both
> > Runonce Complete
> > Runonce has shown
> >
> > If not, right click on Runonce Complete and click on Modify
> > Change default value to 1
> > Do the same for Runonce has shown
> >
> > Launche IE and go to your home page. Open Tools>Internet

Options>General Tab
> > Under Home Page select Use Current

> > "Sunny" wrote:
> >
> > > Every time I open IE7 this page always can be seen.But it doesn't have

any
> > > contents. It only shows a title "Customizing your settings" and a blue

blank
> > > page. I can't set IE7 in this page so I can't open my homepage

directly. But
> > > I don't want to set it anymore, I just want to see my homepage

directly. Is
> > > that OK? I want to kown what can I do soon.Thanks.

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: The page"http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx"
You may need to fix the real issue (incorrect "TypeLib" value) first. See:

Fix Internet Explorer Defaults to runonce3.aspx Page at Every Start:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...every-startup/

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog