Re: Cookies blocked. Must accept all cookies to Sign In

Joe

Re: Cookies blocked. Must accept all cookies to Sign In
I am having similar problems with cookies and Internet Explorer 7. I am
using Windows XP, still with SP 2. Recently, I started having problems on
sites that required cookies to be activated. Things had been fine on all of
these sites, and I did not make any changes. I even went as far as setting
my options to accept all cookies, but this did not help. I tried using
Firefox, and it works without a problem. Your previous response was not
helpfult to me in that the problem is not just on Microsoft sites. It's
happened on Amazon, TV guide, etc. Any other thoughts?

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> In the case of microsoft sites, you may have to specifically allow cookies
> from:
> msn.com
> live.com
> passport.com
> passport.net
> microsoft.com
> hotmail.com
> It may help to clear any existing cookies from those sites.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "angbob" <angbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know what I changed recently, but IE7 started complaining that I'm
> > blocking cookies. I claim I'm not.
> >
> > I stopped all antivirus and antispy software. Windows firewall is on.
> >
> > I click the Sign In button on
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/. This produces the
> > no-cookies complaint unless I set to accept all cookies. Even Low blocks
> > cookies.
> >
> > On the Security tab in Internet Options, Internet is at Medium-high.
> >
> > I'm using Firefox to enter this post. Its "Accept cookies from sites" is

> on.
> >
> > Any thoughts on what I should look for?
> > (Windows XP Home SP2)

Don Varnau

Re: Cookies blocked. Must accept all cookies to Sign In
Hi,
1. You've cleared all cookies, right?
2. Clear the Temporary Internet Files.
3. Make sure that the computer's date, time and time zone are correct.
4. If you're accessing the troublesome sites via an Internet Shortcut
(Favorites) type in the URL- bypass the Favorite. If that helps, delete the
Favorite and create a new one.
5. Take a close look at any third-party security/privacy programs that are
running. See if a cookie manager/cookie blocker/privacy feature has been
turned on. CCleaner installed? Disable its cookie manager.
6.Access Task Manager from Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Any programs running you had
forgotten about which might be blocking cookies?
7. You may have a corrupted Cookies folder. Export any cookies you wish to
save
(IE> File> Import and Export)

You can't delete your cookies folder when logged in as yourself. Logout then
login as administrator or another user with administrator privileges, make
sure that you can see hidden and system files (Folder
Options> View) then delete the affected Cookies folder from Windows
Explorer. Restart. Import cookies if you saved them.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]