IE7 crashes

3c's

IE7 crashes
I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back to 7
since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have tried
fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did not fix
and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I am thinking of
switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.

Any suggestions?
Kayman

Re: IE7 crashes
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:00:01 -0800, 3c's wrote:

> I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back to 7
> since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have tried
> fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did not fix
> and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I am thinking of
> switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.

It won't resolve your issue with IE7.
BTW: Opera is a good alternative also.

> Any suggestions?

Internet Explorer 7 Knowledge Base
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase.html

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Read: "What you must know"
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and Windows Internet
Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

Good luck
Don Varnau

Re: IE7 crashes
Hi,
First try...
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us
- - -
Then, if numerous pop-ups are slipping past the IE pop-up blocker (IE>
Tools> Pop-up blocker) you probably have malware installed (trojans,
spyware, etc.)

See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:

The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.html

Removing Malware:

Partial list of forums- there are others:
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
you choose, for specific instructions.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"3c's" <3c's@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back to

7
> since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have tried
> fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did not fix
> and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I am thinking

of
> switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.
>
> Any suggestions?

3c''s

Re: IE7 crashes
What is Opera, and who publishes it? Thanks for the feedback!

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:00:01 -0800, 3c's wrote:
>
> > I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back to 7
> > since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have tried
> > fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did not fix
> > and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I am thinking of
> > switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.

> It won't resolve your issue with IE7.
> BTW: Opera is a good alternative also.
>
> > Any suggestions?

> Internet Explorer 7 Knowledge Base
> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase.html
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
> Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
>
> How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> Read: "What you must know"
> Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and Windows Internet
> Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
>
> Good luck

3c''s

Re: IE7 crashes
I did reset the IE7 before and these same problems occured. I use Norton
internet security for spyware/maleware, antivirus protection. I thought this
would be enough? Thanks for the post!

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> First try...
> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> - - -
> Then, if numerous pop-ups are slipping past the IE pop-up blocker (IE>
> Tools> Pop-up blocker) you probably have malware installed (trojans,
> spyware, etc.)
>
> See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
> of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:
>
> The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
> Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.html
>
> Removing Malware:
>
> Partial list of forums- there are others:
> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
> http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
>
> You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
> one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
> you choose, for specific instructions.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "3c's" <3c's@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back to

> 7
> > since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have tried
> > fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did not fix
> > and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I am thinking

> of
> > switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

Re: IE7 crashes
http://www.metoperafamily.org/

http://www.teatroallascala.org/

&c.

3c''s wrote:
> What is Opera, and who publishes it? Thanks for the feedback!
>
> "Kayman" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:00:01 -0800, 3c's wrote:
>>
>>> I have Vista Home Premium w/ IE7 I have tried Beta 8 and switched back
>>> 7 since then IE7 Crashes frequently, allows unwanted pop-ups...I have
>>> tried fixing by reinstalling IE7 with the help from tech support, it did
>>> not fix and I don't feel like being on the phone for 2 hours again! I
>>> am
>>> thinking of switching to Firefox(?) thinking this may resolve.

>> It won't resolve your issue with IE7.
>> BTW: Opera is a good alternative also.
>>
>>> Any suggestions?

>> Internet Explorer 7 Knowledge Base
>> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase.html
>>
>> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>> Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
>>
>> How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>> Read: "What you must know"
>> Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and Windows
>> Internet
>> Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
>>
>> Good luck

Kayman

Re: IE7 crashes
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:32:11 -0800, 3c''s wrote:

> What is Opera, and who publishes it?

Opera browser 9.6
http://www.opera.com/browser/

> Thanks for the feedback!